Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cruz Pedregon

If the goal is to create new fans for dlm racing the event needs to have the stars of dlm racing be part of the prelude along with the Nascar drivers and drivers from other series like Pedgregon.

Throw in Bloomer, Moyer, B-Shep, JD, both O'Neal's, 1/2 dozen other top DLM guys (young guys like Pierce, Moran, etc) along with Carl Edwards, Stewart, Busch, Pedregon, Schatz, Kasey Kahne, Larson, Bell, Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), Jeff Gordon etc.

Be great to land an Indycar driver or two, couple off-road drivers, a rally-cross driver, and one of the drivers on the drift-car tour.

Has to be more than Nascar drivers imho, and if "new" fans see Bloomer, B-Shep, etc., they will see that the stars of our sport (DLM racing) are pretty doggone good.

Now

Yea toss in both Waltrip s and watch the equipment that gets destroyed. One had junior Johnson behind him, and the other one just has a big mouth. O, didn't he piss the people from TRD off. Yep, same moroon.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Yea toss in both Waltrip s and watch the equipment that gets destroyed. One had junior Johnson behind him, and the other one just has a big mouth. O, didn't he piss the people from TRD off. Yep, same moroon.
    No Waltrips in the booth or on the track...in fact NO Nascar broadcast team period.

Let the crew that does racing on cbssports or mavtv handle the TV broadcast.
    Notice, all the Nascar drivers I did list are guys that can actually drive on dirt. Nobody wants to watch a spin fest or see somebody dragging the field 3 laps back.

The Prelude should be a true DLM race, featuring the stars of DLM racing, along with a handful of drivers from other racing series. Just my $0.02.

I think it is a great idea to run it before the Truck race. Then the NASCAR faithful, what's left of them, could see how much better dirt racing is with dirt Late Models than trucks.

Cruz loves dirt racing. I talked to him a couple of years ago at the Chili Bowl.
    Last edited by JimBo; 12-07-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Maybe cruz can get the force sisters for his pit crew.

Do it at Belleville or Macon.......
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Dream has always been three days
    I've never been able to sleep that long...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I've never been able to sleep that long...
    Well played. 🤣

It's good that some people can still laugh a little. Have a great weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    If the goal is to create new fans for dlm racing the event needs to have the stars of dlm racing be part of the prelude along with the Nascar drivers and drivers from other series like Pedgregon.

Throw in Bloomer, Moyer, B-Shep, JD, both O'Neal's, 1/2 dozen other top DLM guys (young guys like Pierce, Moran, etc) along with Carl Edwards, Stewart, Busch, Pedregon, Schatz, Kasey Kahne, Larson, Bell, Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), Jeff Gordon etc.

Be great to land an Indycar driver or two, couple off-road drivers, a rally-cross driver, and one of the drivers on the drift-car tour.

Has to be more than Nascar drivers imho, and if "new" fans see Bloomer, B-Shep, etc., they will see that the stars of our sport (DLM racing) are pretty doggone good.

Now
    And Danica...….

This sounds like a great idea... Except for the Cruz Pedregon part. I bet people here will say "oh he's a great guy", and to that I'd say... Well, that proves you don't know him. I can't imgaine T. Stewart would tolerate him for any length of time.

Want new younger fans. . . . get Travis Pastrana and/or a few of the nitro circus guys to give it a shot

While a few of these others might bring some attention might not be overly good at it but worth a mention:

Any of the street outlaw guys
    Cleetus McFarland
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 12-08-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Want new younger fans. . . . get Travis Pastrana and/or a few of the nitro circus guys to give it a shot

While a few of these others might bring some attention might not be overly good at it but worth a mention:

Any of the street outlaw guys
    Cleetus McFarland
    Pastrana already raced the Prelude

Sure! As long as they bring their own cars to tear up. They are not on a higher pedestal any more. It would be more fitting to have a prelude to Daytona. Put the top drivers(dirt track drivers) in those boring cookie cut cars..............never mind. We don't need them. Nascar sucks.
    When it's time to go, I'll go! Until then I got nothing to lose! -Roy Hall

Cleetus isn't necessarily a street outlaw, but the guy can drive. I bet he would give a it a go. Ken Block and Tanner Faust would be 2 good ones to get in on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MADCAPRACING22 View Post
    Sure! As long as they bring their own cars to tear up. They are not on a higher pedestal any more. It would be more fitting to have a prelude to Daytona. Put the top drivers(dirt track drivers) in those boring cookie cut cars..............never mind. We don't need them. Nascar sucks.
    Great Idea but, let them race at Bristol now that should be entertaining.

The prelude will never happen again. They almost didn’t do it the last year.

It was cool for the fans, not cool for the owners that got crap tore up 2 days before the dream.

Of then revived it, I’d like to see Fernando Alonso give it a shot.

I don’t think putting them in super lates is a good idea. Perhaps crates or street stocks would be better.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Alonso, Foust, Pastrana, all good ideas. Even jerkoff Scott Speed. Some sprint, midget guys, Rowdy, Logano, and so on. Whoever is at the top of MX these days, maybe Superbike, MotoGP.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Husker

That would certainly be the hang up. Maybe have them bring $50k sponsorship to the table to cover damages, and move the date.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I know in previous versions of the Prelude, DLM teams stepped up and borrowed cars to many drivers.

For this event to return, I think it would require those participating to fund/rent their own rides. As has been pointed out, no reason why the DLM teams should "eat" it so the Nascar boys can do their best Cole Trickle on dirt.