Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

It is true that a hauler doesn’t win races, but a nice hauler will make your racing life way less stressful. Less stress generally leads to to more wins.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Like arguing with a 3 yr old.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Then quit responding sweetheart. Maybe, just maybe, Timmy don’t wanna be stuck driving all night after a race, get to the next destination, and attempt to sleep. Knowing he has all kinds of stuff to do to the car, and not enough help. And driving a semi and a 48’-53’ trailer after a race during the night will bite you eventually. It’s burning the candle at both ends.

I’m sure it was getting old having to use that and seeing everyone else with their fancy haulers and he has one just sitting because they can’t get a driver for peanuts.
    This guy makes sense. You can't expect to do it all and perform well.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Doesn't make a whole lotta sense not having a toterhome. The costs alone of staying in a motel for several weeks at at a time gets expensive and not counting the extra trips back to the shop for parts or rebuilds!

A $200k toterhome financed for 12 years only has a monthly payment of about $2,000!

Its no question having big rigs, stackers, toters and the like does add convenience, but in-arguably also adds on great expense as well. Listen to a few interviews of those that run their own teams and the two major costs they bemoan are engine costs and diesel fuel. I suppose if you race for fun and bragging rights and you have money to burn a Toter and/or stacker would be nice, but if your trying to race for a profit every cost comes under scrutiny. I personally think more strategically I suppose, a guerilla style mindset.

Is it a gamble to go on the road with only one car and limited spare parts? Sure, but how often do you need a second car? Not that often if your worth a salt and do your maintenance. So dragging another car, a mini-shop and a small house up & down the road isn't necessarily a must, but a luxury. I suppose if your a points racer it becomes more appealing, but if you run an outlaw schedule you could make do with less and perhaps be more profitable. To each his own. Later.
    Last edited by Highwayman; 12-17-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive