Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Ive seen leased engines with some used stuff but never in a new, complete engine.

My engines? Most everything is used... some pieces are used up!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    How has Scott's seasons faired after swapping engine builders ?
    Scott has generally always been fast, regardless of what’s under the hood. Just some years with more reliability issues than others.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Knew a driver in the RHS engines day got a new motor that was supposed to be dyno'd motor showed a little black smoot in the exhaust port but when putting on the carb a bolt was dropped in the intake and they had to pull the intake and it was obvious the motor had never been started they figued out that RHS had used a torch to blacken the ports

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    This why business people hate the internet.
    LOL ... you must still be living in the 80s.

In a surprising twist. I'm gonna have to agree with Terry on this. lol

They may hate the internet but 95% of thier business relys on it somehow.

Customs last run with a big name driver on the lucas tour led little to no success. I dont think custom is looked at the same as they were 15 years ago quality wise.

As far as Andy using old parts, pro power mustve been doing the same thing. It was rumored they got rash of bad parts. It's pretty obvious that was the case, because everybody was breaking the same things.

I'm assuming he will be running Customs in Arizona? If he is at least it'll give him some track time before touring starts.

Their are a few guys in this area that run custom engines and non of them have any reliability issues but a few of the drivers that have changed have told me thay the engines make big numbers but don't drive well. And i would have to agree with those guys becuase everybody i know with them goes like hell when it's heavy and struggles in the slick

Maybe its a situation that will be mutually beneficial, Bloomer gets a reliable builder closer to home. Custom gets feedback from HOF driver to improve their engine packages... Maybe they help each other.
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

If most are expecting him to run Lucas I wonder why he doesn't have atleast the entire Lucas schedule posted on his website 🤔

He was a little down on sponsorship at the end of year. Maybe he wont run the whole tour. Aweful lot of money to be made running whatever and whenever type schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    He's put several companies on the map thru the years. Mastersbilt, Cornett, Custom, Warrior, Ford, etc.
    This is nothing new for Black Sunshine.
    Cornett was on the map before the 18 ever ran them.

I dont know how anyone could conclude an engine builder was putting used parts in an engine. In order to prove used parts were put into an engine, you would have to mark the parts before you sent the engine to the builder for a rebuild. The engine assembler would spot the marks on the parts and reject them

All they have to do is a copy a Durham Ford. It isn't Rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    It sure is! I once took a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens engine to another well known builder (because of location) and they were unable to freshen it due to not knowing what some of the parts and specs were. Sure he could have had parts special made and used logic on specs, but then it's not really the same. You, being an engineer, should understand this moreso than the average person.

Why copy something that doesn’t stay together?

A couple years ago they we're bullet-proof. Didn't even need water.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    It sure is! I once took a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens engine to another well known builder (because of location) and they were unable to freshen it due to not knowing what some of the parts and specs were. Sure he could have had parts special made and used logic on specs, but then it's not really the same. You, being an engineer, should understand this moreso than the average person.
    You can figure it out if you want to. And most of the parts are ready available for ry45Every thing about an engine build is measurable.

You can figure it out if you want to. And most of the parts are ready available for ry45Every thing about an engine build is measurable.
    just stating some facts here, block, crank(depending on what you want), cam, and head castings, 12 weeks or more because of everything being one off parts (built to builders specs), they are not ready and available to most
    sorry to others as this is off subject
    Last edited by grt74; 12-24-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    just stating some facts here, block, crank(depending on what you want), cam, and head castings, 12 weeks or more because of everything being one off parts (built to builders specs), they are not ready and available to mostsorry to others as this is off subject
    I have been told otherwise by reliable sources. And know for a fact there are smaller guys out there getting the correct parts to freshen.