Default Some early racing history...

Here ya go... notice most folks are smiling?

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Oakfield...04639046551431
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Great stuff Krooser Thanks for sharing ! Happy New Year !

Quote Originally Posted by _LatemodelFan_ View Post
    Great stuff Krooser Thanks for sharing ! Happy New Year !
    You betcha!!!!
    Class of 2019

My boss at Carrera racing shocks, "D1ck Anderson" told me his first race was back in the day, late 40's or early 50's. He was watching the feature when suddenly on the white flag lap, the entire field except for the leader suddenly all started rolling over. Turned out they paid $50 to anyone who rolled over during the race. Racing use to have more spectacle to it than just winning and losing, I think we've lost some of that and that it contributes to the current decline in interest we see across the board. Great pics, thanks!
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    My boss at Carrera racing shocks, "D1ck Anderson" told me his first race was back in the day, late 40's or early 50's. He was watching the feature when suddenly on the white flag lap, the entire field except for the leader suddenly all started rolling over. Turned out they paid $50 to anyone who rolled over during the race. Racing use to have more spectacle to it than just winning and losing, I think we've lost some of that and that it contributes to the current decline in interest we see across the board. Great pics, thanks!
    Our local tracks used to hand out a case of beer for the first rollover of the night... back in the 50's/60's. Hales Corners brought that back in the late 80's when they added the "Hales Whales" pure stock class... but it got out of hand as everybody wanted that beer.

I ran a "contact racing" class at 141 in 1984-ish. Street stocks had to "bump" a car before making the pass. Worked great for a few weeks until the "bump" turned into putting a guy in the wall...
    Class of 2019

At Shelby County Speedway in Iowa you got a steak dinner if you rolled when I went there growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Our local tracks used to hand out a case of beer for the first rollover of the night... back in the 50's/60's. Hales Corners brought that back in the late 80's when they added the "Hales Whales" pure stock class... but it got out of hand as everybody wanted that beer.

I ran a "contact racing" class at 141 in 1984-ish. Street stocks had to "bump" a car before making the pass. Worked great for a few weeks until the "bump" turned into putting a guy in the wall...
    Great idea! Sounds like some clarification on, "Bumping" was in order. Maybe if you take them out they have to buy everybody beer...
    I was a highwayman
    Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side
    and I am still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Great idea! Sounds like some clarification on, "Bumping" was in order. Maybe if you take them out they have to buy everybody beer...
    That might work....
    Class of 2019