Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yes Sir I know the feeling

I'll throw my two cents in. Never been to the World Finals, but live three hours from Knoxville. I haven't missed the Saturday Sprintcar Nationals or the three nights of the Late Model Nationals since going to my first one for each. Once you go, you will want to go back as others said. Side note - it would be cool to see a 'Mid Summer Classic' closer to the midwest that features the WoO late models and sprint cars at the same track, on the same weekend. I would like to see the World Finals, but Charlotte is a little too far out.

I have a million reasons why Knoxville should be your choice, but most of them would be biased opinions based on my personal experiences.

open minded thoughts...

the racing at Knoxville is incredible. review the videos, history, and stories from previous years. including drivers opinions. this is an event that drivers want on their resume.

the facility and staff are second to no one. the superstar of the show is the track prep crew. they put the word race into racing.

charlotte has a couple of things Knoxville doesn't have. city instead of town opportunities. big block mods and the WoO sprinters. and it would rank highly on my bucket list. but...

but if you love dirt late models you need to make the trip to Knoxville.

jmo
    Tracy Williamson
    Delavan, WI (ex-Prescott, IA)
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Knoxville!!!

If you're a hardcore DLM fan, id choose Knoxville. If you're really into anything, id go to Charlotte. Never have been to Knoxville at all myself, but have been Charlotte several times. Going to Charlotte is kinda like being at the world, the king royal, and super dirt week all in one.

Knoxville is on my bucket list. Just never have made it out there.