Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

first- thank you all to these vets on here, you guys are the true bada$$es. Im 28 from hartselle, alabama(we were the largest dry city in the state but lost that 2 years ago lol) ive got a girlfriend of 2 years who loves it as much as i do so i guess she'll be around awhile. i work in the aerospace field keeping the space station maintained and other odds and ends. I was at the track less than a month after being born, so its in my veins. My dad is a first generation racer thats been self taught on all this stuff. Hes raced off and on since the late 80s, i started driving full time in 06 in the stock cars and migrated to supers the last couple years, even made DoD racer of the week story in 2015, now i run modifieds and late model occasionally. We also run an engine machine shop in the evenings and weekends because free time is over rated. Great thread

2 Boys (23/ 17)
    Operations Manager for Global IT company
    N Georgia

Grew up on LI attending races all over Northeast but home base was Flemington. This was my Sat night home from 75- 98. I was a BB Mod and wingless Sprint guy growing up but later years I grew. I raced karts competitively from 89- 2002 but back issues drove me to give it up.

I Moved to Ga in 98 for a career move. It was then that I started attending some higher profile DLM races and became a fan. I've travelled all over the SE and beyond and been blessed to be able to see many events at many venues.

I know this is not the right board but I also gained a passion for Asphalt Super Late Model racing. I met a guy who races them and began traveling with him and have really taken a liking to that style of racing.

So nowadays, I pick and choose 25- 30 shows a year (both asphalt and dirt), primarily SE but also throw in some NE and midwest shows when I can. We also like to camp at these shows when we can.

As a hobby, in 1983, I started recording the races I attended. At end of 2018, I have attended 985 races at 141 tracks in 23 states.

Good stuff yankee(jk), I’m from Ohio. Really wish I’d keep track as you have. I’m not nearly that high on count, but still.

Guess I could write them down outta memory before I forget.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Lightbulb

Im 58 yrs old. Born and raised just outside of ROME NY. Work in the auto body colision repair field. I have been painting for 35 of the 40 yrs in the business. I work about 70-80 hrs a wk. Married for 2nd time w 2 kids from my 1st. Our 7 Rottweilers are my current kids w my current wife. There her dogs as she breeds them. She has researched for the right pedigrees and have a pretty good group of dogs with some good pups going to a handfull of states. Sarted watching modifieds. My first race was utica rome speedway when it was asphault. My uncle took me to watch RICHIE EVANS and i was hooked! I then wandered to fulton speedway for more pavement action. This was the EVANS/COOK EREA. After a couple yrs I transformed to dirt racing as tracks were changing over. This would be the late 70's when troyer came out w the MUD BUS with the likes of Alan & danny johnson. Lou THE MONK lazzaro was my favorate along w BAREFOOT Bob mcCreadie. Those were my 2 favorates. I also liked a few others too. Traveled to fonda speedway every sat for quite a few yrs. Then I got married and quit going to races cuz of 1st wife. Then I got devorced and started going to races again. Then I moved to CENTRAL N.C. in late 94. That is when I started watching SUPER LATE MODELS. T-MAC is my favorate along w JD.I also like a few others but those are my main 2. As many think I hate bloomer, but all in all I really dont. I just like to see him get beat at the track. The only thing I dont like is his actions in his career. Yes he has done alot for the sport but he has also done some other thing that a real GOAT would not do! I crewed on a southern modified for a few yrs. We ran bowman gray stadium and whelen southern mod tour. During this time i still went to dirt races at 311 speedway or cherokee when i could. My heart is in dirt racing! You can find me at local tracks close to nc. I only travel about 2hr or less to a track. My tracks I go to when big races are running would be wythe speedway in va, 311 speedway nc , carolina speedway nc, friendship speedway nc, cherokee speedway sc, lancaster speedway sc, world finals.
    Some call me a 4m troll but thats ok. BLACKIE is my dad, LITEY is my brother, DIRTDOBBER45, ZERO25, C&B, MI DIRT FAN, PLUNKS7, CENTEROFF, CLAYTON WETTER, KWD are all kin to me somehow🤔🤔
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 01-06-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Thanks SS great post about you you have done and seen a lot .

Quote Originally Posted by ready2rd View Post
    Thanks SS great post about you you have done and seen a lot .
    Hold on to your panties R2R. more to come

My name is Dane Laster. I retired from Outlaw figure 8 racing 6 years ago. I am now 52 years old and am planning on coming out of retirement some this year and racing figure 8 some part time. I am the father of Brayton Laster, my 16 year old son. He was the Rookie of the Year this year in Super Lates at Brownstown Speedway and 10th in points. I am spending most of my racing time and money on him. I own Indy Auto Recyclers.

-56 years old
    -KC-135 Aircraft Maintenance guy with the Air National Guard (full-time almost 29 years)
    - 5 years active-duty USAF
    -38 years total military service
    -Retirement is soon!

Grandparents took me to races as a toddler and I got hooked at a early age and I never recovered … As they got older they went less and less .. meanwhile as I was beginning my teen years I had a neighbor who had a dirt car ('65 Falcon) and I got to showing my face around his garage .. I guess he eventually he got tired of seeing me hang around and one day out of the blue he put me to work and told me tell my grandparents that I was going to the races with them that night and he would be responsible for me ..Anyway instead of high schools activities such as dances, proms, and football games I chose racing and we went racing a bunch ..I thought I was the luckiest kid in the world.. All good things must come to a end and during my senior year in High school that gentleman passed away so I started helping other drivers/teams until enlisting in the USAF as a 18-year old .. At 18 I knew that I needed a job, some training, some growing up (and Jimmy Carter was still president!) .. I was fortunate to be stationed in NC and had a ton of tracks to choose from and I took advantage of it.. After my active-duty obligation was up I came home and re-connected with some racing friends and started helping them on their race cars .. that lasted about 2 or 3 years until I fell in love (my son's mom) and discovered kart racing about the same time.. meanwhile I dabbled in karts off and on for 17 years while still going to car races every chance I got.. went through a divorce in the late 90's and went through a uncertain phase for a couple of years until I got my head financially above water and since then I have managed to do well and pretty much been able to do what I want and attend the races the races of my choice .. I maintained a good relationship with my son and did right by him and I chose not to remarry because I decided to put him first while he was young .. enough of that, these days I average around 50 races a year and at a bunch of different tracks .. that's my story plus i'm tired of typing!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Im 58 yrs old. Work in the auto body colision repair field. I have been painting for 35 of the 40 yrs in the business. I work about 70-80 hrs a wk. Married for 2nd time w 2 kids from my 1st. Our 7 Rottweilers are my current kids w my current wife. There her dogs as she breeds them. She has researched for the right pedigrees and have a pretty good group of dogs with some good pups going to a handfull of states. Sarted watching modifieds. My first race was utica rome speedway when it was asphault. My uncle took me to watch RICHIE EVANS and i was hooked! I then wandered to fulton speedway for more pavement action. This was the EVANS/COOK EREA. After a couple yrs I transformed to dirt racing as tracks were changing over. This would be the late 70's when troyer came out w the MUD BUS with the likes of Alan & danny johnson. Lou THE MONK lazzaro was my favorate along w BAREFOOT Bob mcCreadie. Those were my 2 favorates. I also liked a few others too. Traveled to fonda speedway every sat for quite a few yrs. Then I got married and quit going to races cuz of 1st wife. Then I got devorced and started going to races again. Then I moved to CENTRAL N.C. in late 94. That is when I started watching SUPER LATE MODELS. T-MAC is my favorate along w JD.I also like a few others but those are my main 2. As many think I hate bloomer, but all in all I really dont. I just like to see him get beat at the track. The only thing I dont like is his actions in his career. Yes he has done alot for the sport but he has also done some other thing that a real GOAT would not do! I crewed on a southern modified for a few yrs. We ran bowman gray stadium and whelen southern mod tour. During this time i still went to dirt races at 311 speedway or cherokee when i could. My heart is in dirt racing! You can find me at local tracks close to nc. I only travel about 2hr or less to a track. My tracks I go to when big races are running would be wythe speedway in va, 311 speedway nc , carolina speedway nc, friendship speedway nc, cherokee speedway sc, lancaster speedway sc, world finals.
    Some call me a 4m troll but thats ok. BLACKIE is my dad, LITEY is my brother, DIRTDOBBER45, ZERO25, C&B, MI DIRT FAN, PLUNKS7, CENTEROFF, CLAYTON WETTER, KWD are all kin to me somehow樂樂
    There AINT no way we kin!

Buttttttt.....since my dad and uncle raced at Myrtle Beach 1 year, there is a very small possibility.Those 2 raced hard and partied hard. My uncle also raced in that famous Race of Champions at Langhorne Speedway, PA.

Sliding Sidewayz soo good to read about you and your family proud of you i might need something painted you the man

Default SS

All good man. 58 was my Dad’s race car number. And my brothers. Special to us.

Rotties are my favorite dogs, I like Labs too, but Rots are my favorite. Have a male Black Lab.

Your wife, the Rots she raises, German style?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Barefoot Bob and Lou Blaney were my favorites in BB mods.

Default C&B

Yes german. 1 from ga, 2 from nys, 1 from nc, 1 from cal. Then 2 from litters. Dam peting zoo here lol. Still have 3 pups for sale. There 8 mo old I believe.

Default C&B

Yea 58 was merv trexlers # also. Lou blaney was dave & dales dad right.

My favorites in big blocks growing up were Ray Bateman Jr. (RIP), CD Coville, Doug Hoffman (RIP) and Jack Johnson. In my youth my dad and I crewed for Freddie Orchard (RIP) for a couple years, and then on the Romeo 44jr, mostly during the Hoffman years at Flemington.

I remember cd (crash & destroy) coville. He was crazy. Perth lumber wagon.

I remember cd (crash & destroy) coville. He was crazy. Perth lumber wagon.
    CD is a hell of a nice guy and a ton of fun to be around. He’s definitely a checkers or wreckers guy.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Yea 58 was merv trexlers # also. Lou blaney was dave & dales dad right.
    Yes he was SS.

Yes german. 1 from ga, 2 from nys, 1 from nc, 1 from cal. Then 2 from litters. Dam peting zoo here lol. Still have 3 pups for sale. There 8 mo old I believe.
    The German ones are beautiful man. Good dogs.

North Fla Speedway will be starting a new Northern Modified sportsman division (602) during their Speedweeks events....... God help us!