Default Track prep is a darned if you do and darned if you don't proposition

https://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-...t-proposition/

If promoters take extra time to maintain the track some will complain about the amount of time. If they don't, some will complain about poor racing.

Track prep is a 7 day/week endeavor....not just on race night.

Like everything else in the dirt track world...some tracks do it way better than others.

Steps 1 & 2 to fix this issue:
    Step 1: Install a P.A. system that is worth a d@mn so fans can actually hear and understand what is being said.
    Step 2: Provide a better explanation to fans other than..."We're gonna take a 'brief' intermission to do a little work on the track, so head on down to Bubba's pit shack and grab a burger, hot dog, or beer while you wait."

Sell the fact they're doing everything they can to provide the race fan side by side, competitive racing, while providing drivers the safest track surface possible as a means to do so.

Communication skills, or the lack thereof, are the biggest detrimant to the fan experience at many a dirt track venue.

During my last venture into promoting I had good clay on the backstretch and front straight but way too much sand in the turns.

I told my drivers (streeters and four bangers) to try to miss the holes in turn one and to give me a few more weeks to source enough clay to fix the problem. Instead I got complaints that they needed to get their shocks dyno'd after the track got rough.

I suggested they try to use the steering wheel to avoid the holes.... crickets.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I agree with point #2 from Konks32x.

Step 2: Provide a better explanation to fans other than..."We're gonna take a 'brief' intermission to do a little work on the track, so head on down to Bubba's pit shack and grab a burger, hot dog, or beer while you wait."

I would love to see a good article or explanation on what it takes to prepare and maintain a dirt track on a weekly basis as well as on race event night.

Isn’t tyler redd!ck from late models?

Some tracks don't even do any real track prep. So I guess that takes care of that issue!!!! hahahaha

Then before the feature they take a "track prep" intermission, to bring out a dinky farm tank of water and mist the track lightly.

That's what they call track prep????

Promoters like this need to go!!!

Track prep is not a big deal if you know what to do and when to do it water late in the day just before dark all week then on race day you don't have to do a lot and you have a good race track moisture will keep coming up all night if you don't run 10 classes and wear it out.