Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dennis Erb Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    And how in sam heck does Erb race for a living? Im being serious with his winnings last year how much of that was he able to put towards his personal bills I.e. mortgage, utilities, etc..vs money he has to put back in his racing program, I mean cmon..does he have a home mortgage or personal vehicles, credit cards?? He makes enough to live comfortably and still travel the country racing? That makes me laugh when people say they race for a living...nobody except Bloomer. Moyer, and now maybe Pierce can say that..you better be making north of $500,000 before you come close to making a living running a national tour...
    Has 0 paid help, and I heard heather pays for a lot of stuff. Pretty sure he is married as well so I’m sure his wife works.

I like Dennis Erb, but Lucas had one Erb too many. He'd have been crazy to pass up running WoO considering the strength of their field. It will be interesting to see how the people that say the two series are pretty much equal (Rigsby) spin it when Erb goes from 11th on Lucas to top 5 on WoO....something I don't think he's ever done on the Lucas tour.

I hope he has a great season.

Thumbs up

Dlmfan123

Yes Dennis is married. His wife's name is Michelle. Heather pays her own way. She has an engineering degree and might be one of the smartest folks in the pits at each race. I've been watch Dennis race since he started in the early 90's. The guy does a lot on a small budget. Rarely does he have help other then Heather except for the big races and maybe once in a while he has a close friend with him. In 1999 he follows the hav-a-tampa tour with just a van and trailer and was rookie of the year.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    He makes a living at it. He does not pay any crew members. Drives the rig himself. Has good sponsors and does not blow money on unnecessary things. He built most of his old hauler himself as well.
    I thought he bought Big Blue when Rocket1 was selling it a couple years back?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I have been friends with Dennis for years he use to come down and stay at Richies shop. Hes A Cool guy but he dont say much. 10 or so years a go i went with him to Fl speed weeks to help him. He use to run the shop his dad build but sold it. He was going to Run WoO last year till Cash was tossed at him last year. Think he will do a lot better in WoO the track they run are way better for him. You can not Find a nicer Guy then Dennis.

He did buy the rocket hauler 2 years ago. Before that he had a hauler for about 15-20 years that he did most himsekf

Thumbs up

Josh Bayko
    He sold his old blue rig to help pay for the Blue one he bought from Rocket a year or two back. From what I heard It was a down payment on the Rocket hauler.

Cardirt0 - I believe you are correct. Dennis IMO is one of the nicest guys in the pits. Maybe not a very talkative guy like me; but definitely one of the most polite people I've ever met at a race track. Started at the bottom and worked his way up. One of those guys you can truly say busted his butt to get where he is at to day and has earned every bit of it. He may race bit different then others. One thing I noticed a long time ago is Dennis is very good at making his car seem very wide and him hard to pass. Even drives his own hauler.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 01-29-2019 at 07:17 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Heather makes so much money for the people she works for they let her do what she wants. She is be on a Smart Girl is a Brainy smart. and Works as hard as any man I know.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Just think it's going to be Babb, Pierce, Shirley, Feger, Erb jr. Heckenast jr. racing some these Summer Nats races together it should be fun to watch.
    Just like the old days.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    I have been friends with Dennis for years he use to come down and stay at Richies shop. Hes A Cool guy but he dont say much. 10 or so years a go i went with him to Fl speed weeks to help him. He use to run the shop his dad build but sold it. He was going to Run WoO last year till Cash was tossed at him last year. Think he will do a lot better in WoO the track they run are way better for him. You can not Find a nicer Guy then Dennis.
    It's great to hear someone say what you suspect.

Beleive I heard his wife is a big shot lawyer too. He and Heather are one of my favorites and seeing him win at Eldora was probably my favorite racing monent to date.

Illtsate32,

"How in the sam heck does Erb race for a living?"

You answered your own question. HE RACES. Look at his schedule the last few years. Nobody pulls through more pit gates.

Only Bloomer, Moyer, and Pierce can say they race for a living!?!?

Richards? B-Shepp? JD? Owens? EPJ? O'Neal? Madden? T-Mac?
    Seems to me there's a handful of guys doing it for a living.

His wife works for United airlines.

That makes me laugh when people say they race for a living...nobody except Bloomer. Moyer, and now maybe Pierce can say that..
    No way you are serious here.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Just like the old days.
    Exactly what I was thinking!!

Had to slide pierce in there lol

And how in sam heck does Erb race for a living? Im being serious with his winnings last year how much of that was he able to put towards his personal bills I.e. mortgage, utilities, etc..vs money he has to put back in his racing program, I mean cmon..does he have a home mortgage or personal vehicles, credit cards?? He makes enough to live comfortably and still travel the country racing? That makes me laugh when people say they race for a living...nobody except Bloomer. Moyer, and now maybe Pierce can say that..you better be making north of $500,000 before you come close to making a living running a national tour...
    With the exception of guys who have or are backed by someone with loads of money, I have no idea how anyone could race for a living.

It’s called being smart

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I like Dennis Erb, but Lucas had one Erb too many. He'd have been crazy to pass up running WoO considering the strength of their field. It will be interesting to see how the people that say the two series are pretty much equal (Rigsby) spin it when Erb goes from 11th on Lucas to top 5 on WoO....something I don't think he's ever done on the Lucas tour. I hope he has a great season.
    Totally agree, I do think he finished 5th his first year with the serious tho 2013

Ok some good points made he has sponsors that help with the bill, his wife if shes a lawyer explains a lot of it...