Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scrub

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Thanks.....that Facebook post about eckerts number choice the zero font looked a lot like the hollidge number.
    Eckert used that number style on his stuff long before Hollidge even thought about getting into a race car.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Eckert used that number style on his stuff long before Hollidge even thought about getting into a race car.
    Dale probably wasn’t born when Rick started using that number.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Dale got his number from his dad now where he got it from i am not sure of

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Eckert's early rides always had the flying 0 on them before he hooked up with Raye Vest.
    Didn't realize that.......thanks for the info.

didn't follow him that much back then to know or care I guess.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

CHUMP IN BLOOMERS????

Sorry but too funny!!!!!! hahahahaahahahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    CHUMP IN BLOOMERS????

Sorry but too funny!!!!!! hahahahaahahahahaa
    Not quite as funny as those so obsessed with political BS. Ha ha ha.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Well, finally a reply at last.

When the SHTF some worldly knowledge is better than dirt car chassis knowledge anytime.

But if wondering what the ugliest car of all time is a priority, then have at it!!!

Still nothing on his schedule with a week and a half before Screven... wondering what he is gonna do.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Well, finally a reply at last.

When the SHTF some worldly knowledge is better than dirt car chassis knowledge anytime.

But if wondering what the ugliest car of all time is a priority, then have at it!!!
    This board isn’t for your poor me political BS, it’s to discuss racing and race car drivers. Which includes ugly cars, not your political BS.

Plenty of places to whine about politics. This is a site for racing stuff. Sorry that flew over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Still nothing on his schedule with a week and a half before Screven... wondering what he is gonna do.
    He himself maybe doesn’t know yet?

Yea Bed Wetter. What Chump in Bloomers said!!! 😁

Back to the original topic. Has anyone confirmed yet if Eckert is racing in 2019? 3 pages now and still haven't seen anything definitive.

Him asking what number he should run is probably saying he is racing... just where or when is what nobody knows

Change of Pace Greets Rick Eckert for the 2019 Racing Season
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    January 31, 2019
    (YORK, PENNSYLVANIA) Rick Eckert is usually putting the finishing touches on his immaculate racecars this time of year in preparation to head south to Georgia and Florida to take part in "Speedweeks."
    Unfortunately, that will not be the case for the Dirt Late Model Hall of Famer in 2019, as he officially announced today that he will not be following the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series tour on a full-time basis this year.
    After car owner Paul Crowl sold most of the equipment following last year's season finale at the Dirt Track at Charlotte and revealed that he would not return as team owner, Rick set out this off-season to secure either a high-profile ride or enough funding to operate his own race team on a national level.
    Several options popped up and disappeared through the winter months, but nothing has materialized that will allow Rick to be a regular on the WOOLMS tour, of which he has been a part of and has not missed a race since its reincarnation in 2004.
    The York, Pennsylvania ace will be racing in 2019; however, as he plans to operate Rick Eckert Racing at a mostly regional level. Rick is currently seeking primary and associate marketing partners for his self-owned ride, which will either be #0 or #24 - harkening back to old car numbers that he has raced in the past.
    Anyone interested in supporting the newly-formed team can email Rick directly at Rae024@aol.com.
    "It's going to be a change of pace for me this year, that is for sure," quoted Eckert today. "I know a lot of people and fans have been wondering what I am going to do this year and I've been pretty quiet, but that's because I really haven't had any news to announce. I thought we had some different things worked out to run the Outlaws deal, but things fell through for one reason or another. So, I guess my best option at this point is to get some equipment together and try to be able to get going sometime in March if the weather cooperates. I'll look at some schedules at some point, but we will probably stay around five or six hours from the shop and try to hit all of the larger paying shows in the area. If funding were to come through and would allow it, maybe we would travel more extensively, but that is our plan as of now."
    Not only will Rick miss his first World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series show since its rebirth in 2004, but he will not be a part of "Speedweeks" in Georgia/Florida for the first time since the early 1990s.
    Rick has been a stalwart on the national Dirt Late Model scene since the 1993 campaign when he finished in the top five of the now defunct Short Track Auto Racing Stars (STARS) series.
    After stints with the STARS and Hav-A-Tampa (Xtreme) DirtCar Series through the 2003 season, which included capturing both the 2001 and 2002 Xtreme DirtCar Series National Championship titles with legendary car owner Raye Vest, Rick found a new home with the World of Outlaws tour as part of the "Dirty Dozen" in 2004.
    Since then, the popular driver known as "Scrub" has amassed 37 career wins on the national touring series - good for fifth most - and collected the $100,000 paycheck in 2011 for besting Josh Richards in a heated point battle for the coveted World of Outlaws crown!
    More information concerning Rick Eckert Racing can be located online at www.RickEckertRacing.com or you can follow Rick on Twitter at @eckert24.
    -end-
    Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, outdoor and text
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Yea Bed Wetter. What Chump in Bloomers said!!! 

Back to the original topic. Has anyone confirmed yet if Eckert is racing in 2019? 3 pages now and still haven't seen anything definitive.
    Well excuse me guys for not realizing what the real priorities in life are!!!! hahahahahaha

Now we can all sleep well at nights. hhahahahhaaa

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Not quite as funny as those so obsessed with political BS. Ha ha ha.
    Guess what though C&B You were the one that brought up the P word in this thread, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Yea Bed Wetter. What Chump in Bloomers said!!! 

Thanks for getting this thread back on topic after C&B brought up the "P" word!!!!!!

I grew up watching Eckert, McDowell and Francis in there prime, pretty much dominating the woo tour for many years back in the early 2000’s. It was a treat to watch and i wish Rick the best running regionally.

It may not of specifically been the woo tour but whatever they ran back in the day...

STARS most likely. Those were the days