Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Back in own equipment, fiery Darrell Lanigan doesn't mince words

https://insidedirtracing.com/back-in...t-mince-words/

Darrell Lanigan was more than a little upset with Josh Richards on Monday night at Volusia and said so during his post-race interview

There's nothing that isn't true of what he said.

Short man syndrome.

someone feuding with Richards? SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another......WHINER!

Note to Darrell.......Nasacar is right down the street!

In these situations I use Jack Hewitt's reasoning. Jack has told me there are only 3 legitimate reasons for getting wrecked on the racetrack. 2 of which can be overlooked once, maybe twice, but after that there will be corporal punishment involved, not in the form of retaliation on the track, but in the form of a good right hand to the nose. Jack said guys do not soon forget that and generally don't want a repeat dose of such an education. Jack says why tear up someone's expensive equipment when a simple right hand is much more effective and far cheaper for all involved.

If Darrell feels strongly enough maybe he should enact Hewitt's Law and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    In these situations I use Jack Hewitt's reasoning. Jack has told me there are only 3 legitimate reasons for getting wrecked on the racetrack. 2 of which can be overlooked once, maybe twice, but after that there will be corporal punishment involved, not in the form of retaliation on the track, but in the form of a good right hand to the nose. Jack said guys do not soon forget that and generally don't want a repeat dose of such an education. Jack says why tear up someone's expensive equipment when a simple right hand is much more effective and far cheaper for all involved.

If Darrell feels strongly enough maybe he should enact Hewitt's Law and be done with it.
    Although I like Jack's reasoning it may not be cheaper nowadays lol.

Didn’t Casey Roberts already go that route?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Kid, other than Jack's infrequent foray's in late models the type of cars he drove to put food on the table could put in jeopardy his livelihood if someone was a overly aggressive or just plane stupid. He never fancied being a casualty of either of those situations. A punch in nose and whatever punitive consequences that might result would probably still be cheaper and far more effective. Lanigan may not be that kind of guy but it's worth a thought or two.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Kid, other than Jack's infrequent foray's in late models the type of cars he drove to put food on the table could put in jeopardy his livelihood if someone was a overly aggressive or just plane stupid. He never fancied being a casualty of either of those situations. A punch in nose and whatever punitive consequences that might result would probably still be cheaper and far more effective. Lanigan may not be that kind of guy but it's worth a thought or two.
    Oh I agree, the only thing I'm saying is in today world people want to have others arrested and sue them instead of taking a punch in the nose and walking away to never do that again.

Oh I agree, the only thing I'm saying is in today world people want to have others arrested and sue them instead of taking a punch in the nose and walking away to never do that again.
    See Terbos foray ,last year, onto the wrong side of the law! (at Volusia nonetheless)

WoO might frown on that. WOOLMSRules Section 11.1 (J). But then I say MIGHT, as they sometimes forget to enforce their rules.
    8/13/16

Ahh yes, it's definitely true that shyster lawyers and judges with no substantial spine have contributed to the over litigiousness of society. However, I believe there is, and I suspect always will be, that small percentage that will exact their pound of flesh if the grievance is substantial enough regardless of where the point of impact may lead them. It appears that Lanigan is not a member of that small percentage and I'm quite certain that Josh Richards is not, as well. So, we may be in for a situation where the cars, and those that build and maintain them, will suffer the brunt of the drivers' reluctance to settle things in a way that doesn't hold the possibility of including innocent and uninvolved drivers and equipment.

If Lanigan thinks Richards drove him dirty or rough, wait until him and Terbo mix it up. It was good, hard racing and I hope we see more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    WoO might frown on that. WOOLMSRules Section 11.1 (J). But then I say MIGHT, as they sometimes forget to enforce their rules.
    "Forgetting" is a nice way to say selectively enforce.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    "Forgetting" is a nice way to say selectively enforce.
    I prefer to be 4m politically correct.
    8/13/16

CIRF curious to know if you've ever been on your knees alone with jack hewitt?

I prefer to be 4m politically correct.
    Being PC is overrated.....saying it like it is removes any doubt of someone getting confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Being PC is overrated.....saying it like it is removes any doubt of someone getting confused.
    You mean like post #17
    8/13/16

You mean like post #17
    Think he was trying to be PC ( or at least 4m rule friendly)instead of just blurting out what he wanted to say.....