Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

And I’d assume some decent benefits, which I’m sure he has had sparingly. Not sure if his wife works or not.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    I don't know if it is or not. You make it sound like he left a $100k/yr job to be a street musician.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceEngineer View Post
    Carrier didn't like the XR1 he drove for Grover. That is a fact.
    The XR1 didn’t exist yet when he left Grover. He drive one for Keaton and said it didn’t fit his style.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Default Josh

I think the car he drove for Keaton was an older Rocket, like 14’ish. But I do believe Carl had one of the first XR1’s also.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

He got a few races in the XR1 before Grover closed up shop. There's an in car video of him winning a heat at 201 in it. I also remember them being posted on racing junk shortly after they parted ways.
    If he's just now starting to make smart career choices I feel sorry for him. Sounds like he'll be working til he dies. There isn't much calling out there for a professional dirt car driver. If you're lucky enough to land a ride driving for a guy who's fortunate enough to have a CPA that calls and tells him to spend a 1,000,000 in order to avoid paying a ton in taxes then by all means ride that train as long as you can, but I hope you have a skill you can fall back on once that guy decides to retire and sell his business.

I look at this like....there goes another one. I know Jake was solid in the mod, and was improving in the late model before he put Eddie in the car. I understand his decision, I just hate to see another guy step away.

I'll be curious to see if Jake gets back in a car or sells out. They had a pretty good year last year for a regional team.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 02-28-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks for backing me up guys. He had an Xr1 struggled with it. Made it plain as day he didn't like it. But, I heard plenty of complaints about them in year 1. Obviously, the bugs are worked out now.

good things happen to good people and big Eddie is about as good as it gets.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????