Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 day shows

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    I would think a track/promoter with a strong fan base would love a two-night show with a 10k feature each night.

Sure the drivers would appreciate being parked on one spot for two nights as well.

Truthfully, it would be great if the S/N did this. Make every Thur/Fri at one track, Sat/Sun at the next. No more 5k to win on the weekends.

Night One, 40 laps for 8k
    Night Two, 60 laps for 12k
    If night one gets rained out, run 75 laps for 15k to win on night two.

Stop the "Hell Tour" insanity of 25-30 races at a new venue every night.
    Run Thur-Sun for 6 weeks, 12 tracks/24 races, plus maybe a couple single day events on Mon or Wed.

That'll breathe some life back into two-night shows and the S/N.
    Yeah that's never going to happen...………………………………………..

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Is the USA nationals the only 3 day weekend with 2 features remaining? I know Eldora, Knoxville have features every night but how about the other Crown Jewels ( topless, ns, dtwc to name a few )
    Firecracker at Lernerville 3 days 3 complete shows minus the time trials on the final night. Not sure if it's considered a so-called crown jewel.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Firecracker at Lernerville 3 days 3 complete shows minus the time trials on the final night. Not sure if it's considered a so-called crown jewel.
    It’s a jewel in my book and on the bucket list.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Unfortunately there’s still a few 2 day / 1 feature formats in the south. Especially towards season end. I still see some 2 day 10k to win shows. Pathetic.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

There are no 2 day shows in our area that do not run a full program both nights. The Dirt Track World Championship, when it was held at Pennsboro, was a 2 day show without a feature both days but we really didn't mind since it was 11 hours drive time to Pennsboro and didn't seem worth it to go out there for just one day of racing.

PDC is a prime example on how to run a multiple day show and make it worth everyone's time and money.

I'll chime in with many others by saying good riddance to the 2 day show with the feature on the second night.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    There are no 2 day shows in our area that do not run a full program both nights. The Dirt Track World Championship, when it was held at Pennsboro, was a 2 day show without a feature both days but we really didn't mind since it was 11 hours drive time to Pennsboro and didn't seem worth it to go out there for just one day of racing.

PDC is a prime example on how to run a multiple day show and make it worth everyone's time and money.

I'll chime in with many others by saying good riddance to the 2 day show with the feature on the second night.
    When the DTWC was at Pennsboro they had a 100 car field many times and no lights, 2 day show was necessary. TT's and heats 1 day and B-mains and feature the next. Saw a couple times the races ended with it getting pretty dark there because of numerous cautions.

When the best local drivers started touring, I stopped going to weekly shows.
    When touring shows went to the 2 day format I stopped attending those as well.

I used to love going to races every Fri night but it just evolved in a direction I didn't enjoy and honestly I get my late model fix from Youtube clips these days.

this may sound dumb but why not do this for the Dream and World 100? Run qualifying and all on Saturday since they get 70 to 100 cars. Maybe start hotlaps at 5:30p.m. and heats at 8p.m. Make the big show a one day show and Thursday and Friday keep the twin 25's. Maybe make the entry fees $50 and pit passes 45 for Saturday only. I think you might get more cars. Maybe some regional guys might say hey we can run just Saturday and skipping Thursday and Friday might not hurt us.

Umm.. the World was a two day show, car counts fell and they changed the format a few years ago. And J&Jsteel fan- I slept in the black 99 on an open trailer in the parking lot attending my first World! (1983)

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    HUH. Promotors today want to charge for everything, camping, 4 wheelers, golf carts. Any way to screw the fan base.
    higher insurance premiums for tracks that allow them is one of the reasons for charging for golf carts and 4 wheelers. Just normal business practice. Pass the added expense on to the customer. Cant really blame them. They have a bottom line to maintain to stay open

May 25 and 26 two day show at Port Royal Speedway paying $10,000 for 410 Sprint cars and $5,000 for Super Late Models each night.

Gets me that some think a promoter shouldn’t make a profit. We best hope they do. If they don’t change the rules once you get in the gate and if they run the show as advertised, then we don’t have much complaint. As far as camping and overcharging, most of the campgrounds at multiple day shows I have attended look pretty full.
    I hate time trials.

Friend told me Boyd Speedway has a 2 day 3k to win show coming up. I really hope this is not the case. That’s beyond stupid.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Yep, it's plain asinine!!

QUOTE:Gets me that some think a promoter shouldn’t make a profit. We best hope they do. If they don’t change the rules once you get in the gate and if they run the show as advertised, then we don’t have much complaint. As far as camping and overcharging, most of the campgrounds at multiple day shows I have attended look pretty full.

WHAT????... A promoter make a profit, you're kidding right?

jk.....well said!

Hey Clayton. Not coming to Brownstown. I totally wasn’t thinking about the date and that when our local pub crawl is for st pattys day. I can’t miss it. Had too much fun last year at it. However, I am coming north to Lucas races at tri city and Macon April 26 & 27. Maybe I’ll catch you there.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Is the USA nationals the only 3 day weekend with 2 features remaining? I know Eldora, Knoxville have features every night but how about the other Crown Jewels ( topless, ns, dtwc to name a few )
    SDN is a 3 day, 2 feature format. Double heats on Friday just like Cedar Lake and Florence. Each heat has a $600 purse.

SDN is one of the most entertaining formats I’ve attended. Kosiskis run a great show.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Yep, it's plain asinine!!
    Boyd Speedway blocked me on Facebook. Hahahahaha!!!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Boyd Speedway blocked me on Facebook. Hahahahaha!!!!
    That's why I don't even get on the B-town site. I would be gone faster than a snowflake in a furnace!!!! hahahahaha