Default Happy Birthday Dan Schlieper.

Happy Birthday Dan

Man I miss him in the track, great guy to talk with so happy birthday wildman.

Yep it would nice for him to get a ride. Imagine if he had a team with tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by KONG View Post
    Yep it would nice for him to get a ride. Imagine if he had a team with tech support.
    I'm sure if he wanted one he would have one. Schlieper like Birkhofer seems to have just lost interest in racing full time and just get the urge every now and again.

Wrong. They would both run again if they got the right ride

Was sure a good time to watch

Wasn't Schleiper and Bloomquist racing partners before...like maybe 15-20 years ago? I think he drove for Scott like Ronnie Johnson did...but I'm not sure. I'm thinking Schleiper once won a big race like the North South 100 or something race when he and Scott were running mates. Wonder what ever happened that led to that racing arrangements?

He won one of the most amazing races I ever seen at atomic one night he came from 9th to the lead in 15 laps skip arp was leading an bloomquist was running second I guess that was Lucas race I never seen a car handle like that he could put anywhere he wanted too.

It's too bad his brother doesn't start a team and have Dan drive for him and it could say Pro Power on the door with Pro on top of Power and then the number could be 00. I loved the old cars with a name which incorporates a number in it, like petr0 for example.

Quote Originally Posted by KONG View Post
    Wrong. They would both run again if they got the right ride
    If they really wanted to I say they would be. Theres plenty of teams out there would give them what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thextreme View Post
    Wasn't Schleiper and Bloomquist racing partners before...like maybe 15-20 years ago? I think he drove for Scott like Ronnie Johnson did...but I'm not sure. I'm thinking Schleiper once won a big race like the North South 100 or something race when he and Scott were running mates. Wonder what ever happened that led to that racing arrangements?
    No, they did have the same sponsors but Bloomquist never owned Schlieper's cars. Schlieper I believe drove a Bloomquist backup car in a few events.

He really was a talented driver! Started with nothing and worked his way up. I always wondered why him and his brother never started a team. I think all the partying caught up with him!

The guy could not have asked for a better situation than the one he had.

Driving the #9 Rockstar car, getting stupid money from an energy drink company, and huge crowds in the pits every night. He was selling diecast for $150+ because every kid told their Dad they wanted one. He was in a Bloomquist chassis, part of Team Zero, and pitted next to Scott on a regular basis.

Only the Wildman can answer why he no longer has a ride.

It was money like 95% of other racers who quit racing

Believe it was one of the West Plains Show Me features, he and O’Neal went at it for 4th or 5th lap after lap. It was the most entertaining race on the track, they ran clean and close for a long time. Thanks Dan for the memories and Happy Birthday.
    I hate time trials.

Its none of anyones business but personal life has a lot to do with a sport like this where you need money to compete. In a sport where funds are just as important as talent if your priorities arent in line then your career suffers bottom line...

Maybe Bill had a reputation to uphold...