Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

You can get up to $100 cash back at Wal Mart at no charge...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

B shel wins, Devin second, JD third.

Another great run for the Dunn Benson team!!

Bobby took time he was 13.2 or so then in feature he hit rut in turn 1-2 about flipped up on 2 wheels then pulled off.

B-Shep is hot !!

When I walked past their pit after the heat races, Bobby and Bob were taking the carb off of it. I think they were chasing a gremlin.

On the credit card thing, I think a lot of people would be much more AGAINST some of these small businesses having credit card machines if they understood the risk involved. It is very easy for small businesses to fly under the radar of PCI compliance audits and that is a VERY bad thing for the consumer. I work in IT (network security specifically), and you would be shocked how easy it is to steal credit card data from businesses that aren't following even basic PCI DSS guidelines.
    You can Google these acronyms to learn more in interested. I don't want to get too far off on a tangent here.

What happened at the start of the mod feature with Thomas & Nicely ? I missed it ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Rollover View Post
    take cash to get in, line gonna be long enough dont need to wait on a credit card machine
    Agree. Being involved in a retail business, I've seen cc machines freeze up and run considerably slow at peak times. Great when they run smoothly, pain in the butt when they have a glitch. I use plastic often but wouldn't even think about using it at a dirt track except maybe at a vendor booth. One should always have some cash on hand.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Agree. Being involved in a retail business, I've seen cc machines freeze up and run considerably slow at peak times. Great when they run smoothly, pain in the butt when they have a glitch. I use plastic often but wouldn't even think about using it at a dirt track except maybe at a vendor booth. One should always have some cash on hand.
    Yeah, we better not inconvenience you and rollover, those 30 seconds you’ll never get back. Guess I’ll start taking $60 in 1’s or change just for you two.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    They don't want to eat the 1.5%-3% when you run a card.
    And that is why some places don't accept credit cards!!

yeah its 30 second when they run correctly but when you have cars lined up to the jail at brownstown you need to get the cars through as quickly as possible. feel free to send me the $60 in ones or change, send it in unrolled pennies if you prefer it all spends

There was no line of cars on the highway this year. Have seen it in years past though.

yeah its 30 second when they run correctly but when you have cars lined up to the jail at brownstown you need to get the cars through as quickly as possible. feel free to send me the $60 in ones or change, send it in unrolled pennies if you prefer it all spends
    I’m not giving you a penny, and yes it all spends the same. To complain about swiping a credit card, and the dreaded 30 seconds it takes, I’ll bring $60 in ones, or actual change, just for you, and pay them with that.

Not giving it to anyone. My point was you wanna complain about CC, it’s not a valid complaint 99% of the time, I’ll bring change that takes much longer.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

thanks that makes me feel better knowing your not slowing up the line with a cc

It's not any slower than paying cash.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    It's not any slower than paying cash.
    He ain’t very smart Norm, you are correct.

Right, if I showed up with $30 to $60 in quarters, that’s quicker than a credit card.

When you go to the grocery or whatever and somebody in front of you pays with a cc or debit, do you get this worked up? Do you even go to the track. Always so negative on here.

some tracks have different booths/lines for cash or cards

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    some tracks have different booths/lines for cash or cards
    Dude, can you imagine being in the line using credit cards? You’d miss half the races even if you showed up an hour early. Them dang credit card thingy’s.