Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowyer cars

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Ok, so your saying Josh is the shock go to guy on CBR racing ? Again, I am going to tell you, I have no dislike at all for josh richards. If he is such a hands on guy as you attest to, why is he not in team blue ? It is without question the best SLM ride out there. Why when teamed up with one of the top 3 SLM car chiefs did he crash and burn year 2 ? He spent as reported by media, 6 weeks at CBR before coming back to ohio. Last thing mentioned was he doesn't even drive to rocket HQ. He is a wheelman without question. Work ethics , well one wonders.
    You have no idea why the son of one of the founders of the top selling chassis companies house car would want to step out on his own? Really?

To eat, sleep, and work side by side with your Dad till your late 20’s would take it’s toll on anyone.

Some of us like to stand on our own two feet, do things for ourselves, not just have Daddy guiding the way.

My Dad raced too, not Rocket extent, but successful in our area. I was not going to be his car number. My brother is and lives at home and I think is always trying to live in his shoes. To heck with that, fill your own shoes.

I applaud Josh for leaving the family team. No one should be under their families thumb, leads to turmoil, distractions, issues eventually. I 100% understand him leaving the team.

It’s only been a couple months at CBR, give it time. Still better than JD or Landers when they were there.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

To look at it a little differently, how much time do you think Brandon Shepard is spending at the rocket shop in West Virginia? Or does he spend most of his downtime with his family in Illinois

Brandon Sheppard is a driver that shows up with helmet bag in hand. He has nothing invested in team rocket as a family member. The only reason we are talking about kid rocket is because what rocket chassis has become. What team valvoline has become. There are reasons for josh doing what he has done, that's between him and whomever. He stepped out of team blue and he stepped out of the best ride. 2 rides that any driver would love to have. I believe that josh wants to be the guy that gets to the track and shows up with bag in hand. Is there anything wrong with that ? Nope, not at all, just don't think he wants or is hands on.
    Last edited by dirtcrazy4u; 04-17-2019 at 07:43 PM.

They’re about where I expected. CBR has consistently turned great drivers into good drivers. Other than O’Neal’s championship year, CBR is the most consistent underachiever on the national tour. They have all the resources, yet are consistently mid-pack rides.

Lanigan, Richards, O’Neal, Landers, Davenport, Babb, McDowell. All but one are surefire Hall of Famers who ran better before CBR, and in the case of Babb/Davenport/McDowell, better as soon as they left.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    It seems like top drivers who win a lot go to CBR and all of a sudden can't win any races. From what I've heard, Clint wants his guys to setup the cars and doesn't want any input from the drivers. You'd think with the experience that the drivers have at setups and winning, Clint would value their knowledge and use it to win.
    You’d figure he’d get sick of paying for mid pack finishes and 4-9th place tour finishes, but that’s pretty much the results he produces driving NA$CAR. Whatever he has the sho guys doing, they need to change it.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Brandon Sheppard is a driver that shows up with helmet bag in hand. He has nothing invested in team rocket as a family member. The only reason we are talking about kid rocket is because what rocket chassis has become. What team valvoline has become. There are reasons for josh doing what he has done, that's between him and whomever. He stepped out of team blue and he stepped out of the best ride. 2 rides that any driver would love to have. I believe that josh wants to be the guy that gets to the track and shows up with bag in hand. Is there anything wrong with that ? Nope, not at all, just don't think he wants or is hands on.
    You'd be surprised how many times Brandon has given his own time away from his car to thrash on Josh's to get it out by feature time.... two an three day weekend races I've stayed at Brandon was one of the first ones up headed to the pits to go over the car, I'm sure it would get done without him... dont have a dislike for any of em just what I've seen myself.

The common denominator is CBR, they were good when Barry Wright ran with em.
    Anthony Burroughs is THE problem
    Does everybody not remember the falling out between Mark and Josh over Josh's wife??? Josh didnt leave because he wanted to make his own name, he left because a female got in the mix.
    You guys think Josh is the problem? The problem lies within CBR

Ok, so your saying Josh is the shock go to guy on CBR racing ? Again, I am going to tell you, I have no dislike at all for josh richards. If he is such a hands on guy as you attest to, why is he not in team blue ? It is without question the best SLM ride out there. Why when teamed up with one of the top 3 SLM car chiefs did he crash and burn year 2 ? He spent as reported by media, 6 weeks at CBR before coming back to ohio. Last thing mentioned was he doesn't even drive to rocket HQ. He is a wheelman without question. Work ethics , well one wonders.
    You're pretty epic for run-on sentences. I will give you that.

Brian from Integra is shock guy #1, but Josh is a close #2.

He's not in team blue because it was time for him to get away from his dad. There comes a time when it's time for a change, Josh was ready for one.

Do you analyze the guy's bowel movements too?

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    You're pretty epic for run-on sentences. I will give you that.

Brian from Integra is shock guy #1, but Josh is a close #2.

He's not in team blue because it was time for him to get away from his dad. There comes a time when it's time for a change, Josh was ready for one.

Do you analyze the guy's bowel movements too?
    Well said.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

No idea of the parties intentions or background other than what is public info. Some choose to stay closely connected with the family business and some don’t, got to give credit to a young person that wants to make their own mark on the world.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    The common denominator is CBR, they were good when Barry Wright ran with em.
    Anthony Burroughs is THE problem
    Does everybody not remember the falling out between Mark and Josh over Josh's wife??? Josh didnt leave because he wanted to make his own name, he left because a female got in the mix.
    You guys think Josh is the problem? The problem lies within CBR
    My thoughts as well!

Who's the common denominator at Rocket1.......Mark Richards!

I like that Bowyer helps the sport by offering up 2 SLM rides.. The more opportunity the better and it's still really early