Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wheatland hit by severe weather tonight

Per Lucas Oil Speedway FB page:

"A significant storm including a possible tornado has struck Wheatland, MO and Lucas Oil Speedway this evening. We are surveying the area tonight without any power and will know more in the morning. Please try to stay safe as the remainder of the storms pass through tonight. Please keep all involved in your thoughts and prayers as we evaluate the situation. We will provide updates on Tuesday morning as we are able to evaluate and assess the damage. Thank you for your patience in this difficult time."
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Wow please no one hurt and NO damage to the track PLEASE...

I've heard lots of damage and some injuries at the track...prayers to all

I just awoke to read this! Awful. Yesterday was forecast to be a high risk situation for tornados.

I sure hate to hear this. It breaks my heart to hear about the injured. Thoughts and prayers to all involved in this situation.
    Formerly 66#1

I just watched a short video showing the covered grandstand in shambles. Pray all that were at the track are safe and accounted for.

Also just watched a Wheatland news clip with reporter live at the track saying several people were taken to hospital and this weekends Show Me cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by JK4745 View Post
    Also just watched a Wheatland news clip with reporter live at the track saying several people were taken to hospital and this weekends Show Me cancelled.
    Nothing official from the track on a cancellation yet. They did post from last night that they would know more in the morning. Would guess they would decide one way or the other sometime today.

I doubt there is a chance to make up the show in it's format anytime this year without condensing the format. A few years back, the Saturday show got pushed to July & they ran it on the Sunday night after the regular Lucas show on Saturday night.

Whoever pissed off mother nature this year really needs to fess up and apologize asap. It's getting out of hand. Thoughts and prayers to all injured and affected by the weather.

First and foremost hope everyone in Wheatland is ok. But if they are unable to use the track this weekend, could they move the event to West Plains? Would be just like old times!

My goodness what if this had happened a couple of days later?
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by JK4745 View Post
    I seen the same thing. The reporter replied the tracks GM had told her they would make an announcement this afternoon about the cancellation. It sucks for some of those guys that done made the haul out there. This whole mid western swing has been nearly a waste, with the exception of the Iowa races of course.

Its bad deal for every that is involved.

Their are some pics up on DoD. Looks like they lost some grandstands and some early racefans went for a wild rollover in a pretty good size camper. Prayers to those involved.
    8/13/16

The dirt track grand stands does not look destroyed, but the off road stands are gone. Prayers for everybody down there. Glad none of the race teams were injured and prayers to the fans that weren’t so lucky

It sounds like the BEST rig may have taken some damage in the storm. Anyone heard or seen anything on that?

The pictures on DoD don't look too bad. They have a couple days to get it cleaned up. I think they need to race this weekend if possible to recoup some of the money from the damage! Luckily not too many fans or haulers were there yet.

Show-Me 100 cancelled due to severity of the damage the facility substained.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Show-Me 100 cancelled due to severity of the damage the facility substained.
    Not yet. Supposedly those news reporters didn't know what they were talking about.

It’s official now (postponed)