Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sliders

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Makes sense, explains piercefans discrepancies on the dates......thanks for clearing that up.

He accuses me of not doing well with facts, so I just wanted to see why his weren't adding up.....cool , thank you
    I was around 2002-2004, and mines 2007 too. I think it’s when they changed ownership or something.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    They don't understand, the bottom is the shortest way around so they gain on you going in, you can see the guy in the bottom groove just showing the nose, you can absolutely see, and have enough time to react if they are gna pull a slider on you, this you don't see them till they cross ur nose stuff is nonsense...you absolutely have enough time to decide if your gna cross them over or stay in the gas like a nitwit....
    Man, you can show the nose all you want, but if you’re going to slide someone, it better be your whole car a car length at least in front of me, so I can cross you over. It’s on you to pass me clean and give me time and room to make a counter move. Give and take, you do too much take and eventually it’ll catch up with you. And if you pull one of them nitwit outta 2 or 4 “sliders”, where you bone the guy, you best be sure in the gas I’ll be. Because otherwise, you bone yourself. JD is a perfect example. And I don’t think he meant to jack them both up, just send Don a message.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Actually it was when a guy named Barry or Berry was put in charge of 4m and decided to go away from the vBulletin® format and use some other type. Well it lasted a few months and everyone hated it and they finally dumped his arse and returned to vBulletin® thus everyone had to register thus why some many have the same join dates.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    A bad slider is one in which the car being passed has to lift to avoid hitting the car that slid him. A particularly bad slider is one that the car being passed can't lift to avoid. I think some of the racers like to talk big game or they have a much bigger budget than I do. Why would anyone want to tear up their stuff if they can avoid it?
    So if I'm reading this right and understanding what your saying......a bad slider is one where the guy getting passed has to lift to avoid contact?

So who exactly is the nitwit in that instance......the guy that threw the bad slider, the guy that didn't lift or both?

And in most cases that I've seen the guys that throw bad ones over and over aren't normally tearing up their own stuff just stuff someone else is paying for.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Isnt the slider supposed to break the guys momentum? I figured as long as there was no contact in the process it was "clean". Ya it sucks for the guy getting slid that he has to lift, but he left the door opened for the slider.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth32 View Post
    Isnt the slider supposed to break the guys momentum? I figured as long as there was no contact in the process it was "clean". Ya it sucks for the guy getting slid that he has to lift, but he left the door opened for the slider.

No, a slider is thrown on a track that has one dominant groove. It's an attempt to make a pass and steal the line. How do you close the door on a slider without blocking the entire track?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    So if I'm reading this right and understanding what your saying......a bad slider is one where the guy getting passed has to lift to avoid contact?

So who exactly is the nitwit in that instance......the guy that threw the bad slider, the guy that didn't lift or both?

And in most cases that I've seen the guys that throw bad ones over and over aren't normally tearing up their own stuff just stuff someone else is paying for.
    If one doesn't lift, they are both nitwits. One for not lifting and the other for throwing a bad slider.

Unless you were a member before 2007 you probably wouldn't know. It's sad Terry I thought you were better than that. Maybe you should try escaping outta your mom's basement when she brings your pizza rolls down.
    Last edited by Mason87; 05-29-2019 at 06:33 PM.

I've said it from day 1 if you throw a slider you better clear them. That being said mcarter is right it's usually when the top groove is the fast groove, and if the car behind can throw one it's pretty clear they are a tad quicker, and the reason guys don't lift is because 9 times out of 10 the know they are holding the guy up behind them and they know if they give em the lane it's game over and thats the bottom line, because I f'n said so lol...

TerryM... I couldn't wait to get home on Friday's to get to my mailbox...bout the only time I was excited to get mail...being from the Chicago area....once in awhile I wouldn't get my maarn til monday... when questioned I was told it was something about routing bla bla bla...my friends and I would drive from kankakee to brownstown just to watch a regular show...back then...7 of the top 10 in ump points raced there on a weekly basis....it was worth the 4 hour drive...dont know if you remember him or not...but there was an older guy named Theo...he had glasses and a cigar butt hanging out his mouth...he sold MAARN at the tracks...I would often buy one from him even though I had one...those were the good old days for sure

Quote Originally Posted by smooth32 View Post
    The car on the outside doesn't leave the door open. The guy throwin the slider drives in way too deep and needs the whole track to regain forward momentum!

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Martel 815 thank you that's what I was thinking. And Kryptonite i don't know if you have raced before, but when your running the top and someone is coming on the low side, you can see them very easily...
    it all depends I have had cars under me and I didn't even know they were there

I wrote this two years ago. I asked Owens, Richards, Francis, Pearson, Marlar and McIntosh about the ethics of the slide job.

https://insidedirtracing.com/top-dri...the-slide-job/

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    Unless you were a member before 2007 you probably wouldn't know. It's sad Terry I thought you were better than that. Maybe you should try escaping outta your mom's basement when she brings your pizza rolls down.
    I’ve been stalked by the same idiot on this site for months now, and I’ve not once engaged with him in any way — not before it started or since. You’re right, I’m better than that. But occasionally I have to say something. It’s ridiculous that he’s allowed to do what he does, but it is what it is. The folks in charge will deal with him eventually. Pizza rolls sound good though haha.

But you were concerned about my life a couple posts and threads ago ??? I guess that was just pretend engagement.

I even replied.....instead of making a bunch of stuff up to try and make you look good TearyM lets just say you don't like me and I don't like you.....and I think our friends would say that makes us both idiots.

Which I'm great with.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Returning to Dirt View Post
    I wrote this two years ago. I asked Owens, Richards, Francis, Pearson, Marlar and McIntosh about the ethics of the slide job.

https://insidedirtracing.com/top-dri...the-slide-job/
    good read...i agree with marlar...i like him anyway...hes a good guy
    Last edited by pierceFAN; 05-29-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Not for one minute do i think a racer that slides you owes you room to make a counter move. He owes you the resoect of not running over you, but certainly not help in passing him back.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    Late model drivers should be experienced enough to know how to throw a good slider. Once they have committed to a bad slider, though, they don't have much control after it is started, so it's the responsibility of the person who isn't going to be cleared to lift. If it's a particularly bad slider, then there's not really anything either can do to stop it.

BBQboy, you're being antagonistic in this thread for no reason.
    so a guy pulls a bad slider on me to gain a position , so your logic is , i should roll over and lift and give him the position , yea right , as you made reference in your other post , i am on a little bitty budget , but i am not lifting in this situation , if i get torn up , and once you have some experience at turning a "bad slider" , you usually come out all right , I will take it home , break out the ole welder and fix it , and the guy that tried the "bad slider" will think twice before doing it again.....BTW , this is not a beginner class , so i put all the responsibility on the slider , not the slidee

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    so a guy pulls a bad slider on me to gain a position , so your logic is , i should roll over and lift and give him the position , yea right , as you made reference in your other post , i am on a little bitty budget , but i am not lifting in this situation , if i get torn up , and once you have some experience at turning a "bad slider" , you usually come out all right , I will take it home , break out the ole welder and fix it , and the guy that tried the "bad slider" will think twice before doing it again.....BTW , this is not a beginner class , so i put all the responsibility on the slider , not the slidee
    The Lucas Oil guys in the article posted earlier in this thread disagree with you and I'll side with them.

If someone throws a bad slider on you, you lift to let them clear and then work on passing them back.

So in your opinions, If car "A" slides car "B" going into the corner, and car A clears him with no contact, but coming out of the corner car B has to lift because his momentum has been broken, is that a clean slider or should driver B retaliate?