Default Clanton Lenerville

I seen this https://youtu.be/iYHPOaEyAhA. Guess hes testing
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Someone said that there was only a dozen late models there ? Also heard that there are several drivers that are boycotting because of such low purses this year. Hard to imagine since they always had more cars than they could fit into a feature. It was a hotbed of drivers that moved on to greatness such as Davy { Juice } Johnson, Bob { Mr. Invitational }, Lynn Giesler, The Blaneys etc.
    Last edited by Raceready; 06-01-2019 at 08:33 AM.

There were 14 late models, and that’s about what every weekly track gets in western PA.

The cars supposedly boycotting aren’t late models, they’re the sprint cars, and this isn’t the first time they’ve done it. They’ll be back.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Its been said that with car counts, track prep and surface roughness, track crew attitude, prices, and crowd count that this place is far from the empire that Don Martin created. I've heard that they are on par to get the same arrogant reputation that PPMS is famous for ?

i quit goin to lernerville as soon as this new owner took control

no interest in goin back

i get it , they wont miss me...... until they do
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

I was there 2 weeks ago and there was a hel! Of a crowd.. track was good and the racing has been great...

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Its been said that with car counts, track prep and surface roughness, track crew attitude, prices, and crowd count that this place is far from the empire that Don Martin created. I've heard that they are on par to get the same arrogant reputation that PPMS is famous for ?
    You’re listening to the wrong people. Weekly racing is mostly dead in these parts because there are multiple specials within a couple hours every weekend. The crowds are on par with what they have been the last few years.

Don Martin has been gone for well over a decade now. People need to let that go.

If they are still paying around $1400-$1500 for sprints, $1200 for lates, and say $1k for big blocks, I get the boycott.

Up your purses, Lernerville is a top notch place. Don’t let it squander away.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Good friend lives close to the family that currently owns lernerville. For what I understand they are on a railroad site and have made a fortune in scrap metal. Supply bottled gas and have a welders supply shop also. He tells me all of there equipment is antiques and they put money into nothing they own. He also said they are into horses and have a big farm and supposedly it's a dump also. So, if true, they sound like they don't put much back into things they have a financial interest in. Western pa is on a downward slide as far as racing goes. I went up to the pittsburgher last year and the facility, ppms, is virtually falling apart.

Question

What was it something like 13 actually started the race and 9 finished the race? But Stateline speedway which is so close to the Western PA border that you can spit into Western Pa from its front parking lot had 30 late models on an off day, that being Monday ? Before big ole Franny Seamans was running the joint and passed away, he had been known to run features of 32 0r 34 late models so that everyone got their piece of the pie and he still had the lowest admission charges around ! Maybe the difference is that the owners enjoyed racing as much as life itself and wanted to keep them as happy as they would have wanted to be when they sat behind a racing steering wheel ?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 153J View Post
    i quit goin to lernerville as soon as this new owner took control no interest in goin back i get it , they wont miss me...... until they do
    Last night they had a whopping 10 cars in the feature. That's like watching an extra lap heat race or a consi somewhere else ! Makes me wonder if somebody from PPMS is running the joint the way it has spiraled down from the old old days when The Pittsburgher was considered a crown jewel event in the late model world ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Last night they had a whopping 10 cars in the feature. That's like watching an extra lap heat race or a consi somewhere else ! Makes me wonder if somebody from PPMS is running the joint the way it has spiraled down from the old old days when The Pittsburgher was considered a crown jewel event in the late model world ?
    Again, specials within a couple hours are the reason weekly counts are down. Within three hours of Lernerville, Thunder Mountain, Bedford and Tyler County all had specials last night, and all of them even impacted each other, too.