Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Eldora dream weather smh

Still a ways away but will they run Sunday if possible?

Lord I hope so... I'm over $600 in the hole with RV rental and tickets alone.

It's impossible to predict weather. No sense in even looking at the forecast. They're always wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    It's impossible to predict weather. No sense in even looking at the forecast. They're always wrong.
    You're right. Last yr the world had a low percentage of rain and ended up being rescheduled. I also went to bulls gap a few weeks ago with 10% chance and ended up with hail and 60 mph winds.

Catch up on your sleep early this week. We may be in for some late nights if rain is present. Rest assured they will do whatever possible to get the show in. Friday night of dream last year ended about 3:00am due to waiting out a rain delay.

Maybe we can get that 6 straight days of Eldora in September after all. LOL.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rocal145 View Post
    You're right. Last yr the world had a low percentage of rain and ended up being rescheduled. I also went to bulls gap a few weeks ago with 10% chance and ended up with hail and 60 mph winds.
    It's summer. There's a 50% chance of rain every day due to daytime heating. If the meteorologists could truly predict weather they would have evacuated the folks in Dayton before the tornado hit. Instead they issued a tornado warning after they saw rotation on the radar. By then it's too late. It's impossible to predict where storms where/won't develop. Yet people continue to watch forecasts for several days out.

I would say they will get the show in every night. T Storms are hit and miss at best. Summer weather as was said

Stop looking at a prediction forecast like I have.
    Go by actual radar like I do.
    Last night Fairbury forecast was for rain between 6:00pm & 10:00pm and I had any eye on my radar all night.
    Not one drop of rain even came close to hitting the track all night.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

If you want to know what the weather forecast is for Tuesday ask me Wednesday lol

I never worry about the rain Eldora week. Because they always do there best to get it in

60-70 percent chance of rain at my place all day today didn’t sprinkle one time lol

Going to be a good week, outlaw sprints at Fairbury Tuesday and eldora this weekend!

Looks like same ol forecast as last years Dream. And every year. Pop up showers. Last year on Saturday it rained bout 3-4 pm or something like that. It quit and race started bout on time. No worries.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

What’s a pit pass cost for Saturday only? Anybody?

Would someone please consult Al Gore , Bill Nye and AOC for the TRUE weather forecast !!!!!!LOL !!!!!
    Last edited by dirtMAN007; 06-02-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Pit pass is ten bucks extra

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    It's summer. There's a 50% chance of rain every day due to daytime heating. If the meteorologists could truly predict weather they would have evacuated the folks in Dayton before the tornado hit. Instead they issued a tornado warning after they saw rotation on the radar. By then it's too late. It's impossible to predict where storms where/won't develop. Yet people continue to watch forecasts for several days out.
    Meteorologists have gotten pretty good at predicting rain. That’s a lot easier than predicting where a tornado will form.

^^^^ about like the time a lot of us drove to atomic earlier this year with a 10% chance of rain, and it rained out. They might be close sometimes, but they miss it way more than they get it right. And with the way the weather has been this year, it's easier for them to just throw a number up on there, that way it's not a total miss. There isn't a day this week that doesn't have a chance of rain on it for my area, just like today. 10% chance of rain, and I got soaked mowing the yard by a pop up shower.

We haven't hardly got a 2 or 3 day stretch at any time in my part of Ohio where it hasn't rained or stormed at some point. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it rains 2 if not all the 3 days of the race. How much.......who knows.

Default Pit pass

Pit pass is only 5 bucks, for the whole weekend.