Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: hudson oneal

Here is my perspective of this whole conversation,
    1. Hudson O'Neal looks like the real deal to me in dirt racing, and I don't mean Don. It also helps when you race in a series and race against better drivers on a regular basis compared to just running regionally.
    2. Bloomquist, either if you like him or hate him , he is one of the best dirt late model drivers and don't forget in setting up a race car. Has probably made more money than most sprint and asphalt racers except for the top level drivers of NASCAR and some Indy Car. I would say definitely more than say Jack Hewitt.
    3. Even though wingless sprints and midgets put on some good races , they mostly pay $ hit and you are far better off racing winged sprints or late models if you want to try and make a $ career out of it.
    4. Donny Schatz, excellent in sprints and not too bad in a late model esp. since he owns it himself and races it just for fun, also a pilot with his own plane, that's how he gets in between sprint and late model races. Again makes more money than most other racers in the country except for the top level of NASCAR and some Indy Car drivers.
    5. Kenny Bernstein has admitted that his NASCAR team was not well funded and run when Kinser was his driver, also Kinser impressed Quaker State enough to bring them with him into his own WoO Sprint car team.
    6. Steve Kinser = The KING , ran a bit of everything and could of moved to something different but knew his best chance of making the most money and having the most fun doing it was by staying in a winged sprint car, and that would be the same for Scott Bloomquist and also they both are not small men.
    7. Kyle Larson, excellent in all sprints, but a whiny little man in NASCAR, I know he has a few wins, but reminds me of Cole Trickle from Days of Thunder, runs like hell for a few laps and after by doing so burns off the tires, fades back fast and then blames the crew on the set up. Seems like he doesn't know on what to tell the crew on what the car is doing or how it is reacting on the track.
    Last edited by TBSprintFan; 06-20-2019 at 01:14 PM.