Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Top 5 dirt tracks in U.S.? - After last nights race hard to imagine FALS not in top 5

What are your top 5 dirt tracks in the U.S. based purely on racing?

After watching last nights race at Fairbury it's hard not to imagine FALS it's a persons top 5 picks for best dirt tracks in the U.S. based on the racing action.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

hard to give a top 5 unless you have been to all the tracks in the country.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    You make a good point.
    Nathan Stephens

2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    What are your top 5 dirt tracks in the U.S. based purely on racing?After watching last nights race at Fairbury it's hard not to imagine FALS it's a persons top 5 picks for best dirt tracks in the U.S. based on the racing action.
    You are Sooooooo right HoosierDirtFan. But, I would have to throw i-80s hat in the ring for the top 5 as well. The Silver Dollar Nationals does provide some great racing. It seems like that is the best track I have ever seen for running the passing points format. You can race all over that track.(When it is right) You can come from back to the front in like ten laps.

there's several to choose from Macon fals Eldora Knoxville i80 any track sarge promotes as his shows are always efficient and top notch on track prep pevely I hear Florence is pretty good I never been.
    Last edited by t4g2; 06-23-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Call it the BEST 5 tracks you BEEN to then

Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland Missouri is #1 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Call it the BEST 5 tracks you BEEN to then
    Fals
    Eldora
    Brownstown
    West Virginia motor speedway
    Cedar lake

So even though I am from Central Illinois, I say no to Fairbury as one of the top five tracks in the country. IMO the race at Jacksonville was just as exciting, so are the races at Macon and usually Belleclaire. What I'd say is Fairbury is one of the top five tracks in regards to promotion and putting forth the effort. They group that works at the track is one of the hardest working in many regards.
    Last edited by cgrace; 06-23-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Always consider Eldora, Cedar Lake, Macon (sadly haven't been to FALS yet), and Knoxville, to be about the best. But i'll also add Grand Forks, ND and Deer Creek to that cool list.
    Plus East Bay and Volusia, just because of the time & location.
    Last edited by Big Daddy 37; 06-23-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Wythe is my #1.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Can't be 5 better tracks than Fairbury. I'd put FALS and Haubstadt on any Top 5 list without hesitation. For that matter, I'd choose FALS, Haubstadt, Eldora, Knoxville, and I-55 and feel pretty good about it. If someone wanted to sub in Macon, Cedar Lake, Duck River, Belle Clair, Greenville, Florence, Whynot, or Magnolia that'd be fine.
    Last edited by t3r3e3; 06-23-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

This is opinion based only lots of people don't like the 1/4-1/5 miles so they discard them even though they produce great racing. So many tracks after watch the Lucas race at Deer Creek last year I'd throw it in my top 5 right now

I agree. I like the smaller tracks not a big fan of horse power and bigger tracks. And there's plenty of tracks I haven't been to. Fals 10 years ago was the total opposite of what it is today. Glad it's been changed. example is heat 3 of pdc last year was the norm 10 plus years ago.

1. Eldora
    2. Knoxville
    3. Lucas oil Speedway
    4. Cedar Lake
    5. Fairbury

Eldora, FALS, Macon, i55, east bay

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    This is opinion based only lots of people don't like the 1/4-1/5 miles so they discard them even though they produce great racing. So many tracks after watch the Lucas race at Deer Creek last year I'd throw it in my top 5 right now
    This wasn't meant to be so much an opinion more as a conversation. I was trying to see if the consensus as to weather FALS is a top 5 track against other tracks that produce great racing. I don't care what the facility looks like if they produce great racing how do stack up against other great dirt tracks. Just my thoughts.

As to my top 5 tracks
    If I made a list - in any order - tracks I've been to.
    FALS - Tri-State - Boone - Kokomo - Eldora
    There are many other tracks you could substitute to replace one on my list - Whynot, Macon, Belle-Clair, Knoxville, I-80, ect,

You guys should get on YouTube and check out tracks in other parts of the country and watch them as well. From New York to Texas to California there are a bunch of great tracks I just haven't been to them to develop a real opinion.

This will be a good conversation as long as we stay on topic of tracks that produce great racing.

Hope the insane amount of rain stops soon!!
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 06-23-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    This wasn't meant to be so much an opinion more as a conversation. I was trying to see if the consensus as to weather FALS is a top 5 track against other tracks that produce great racing. I don't care what the facility looks like if they produce great racing how do stack up against other great dirt tracks. Just my thoughts.

As to my top 5 tracks
    If I made a list - in any order - tracks I've been to.
    FALS - Tri-State - Boone - Kokomo - Eldora
    There are many other tracks you could substitute to replace one on my list - Whynot, Macon, Belle-Clair, Knoxville, I-80, ect,

You guys should get on YouTube and check out tracks in other parts of the country and watch them as well. From New York to Texas to California there are a bunch of great tracks I just haven't been to them to develop a real opinion.

This will be a good conversation as long as we stay on topic of tracks that produce great racing.

Hope the insane amount of rain stops soon!!
    Yes Hoosier my post was not in any way directed towards you or meant to be derogatory, the year Pierce flipped at the PDC when his nose folded under I think that could of went down as a barn burner between him and Richards, I'm saying when the track is right it's definitely top 5. Prob the most treacherous cushion I've seen in a long time. Mike Harrison said you have to drive it like a maniac but be cautious and tip toe at the same time lol sounds like a handful...

Fairbury is top five. Wish Brownstown would pattern this place. I wouldn't put B-town in the top 100 at this point.

Yes Hoosier my post was not in any way directed towards you or meant to be derogatory, the year Pierce flipped at the PDC when his nose folded under I think that could of went down as a barn burner between him and Richards, I'm saying when the track is right it's definitely top 5. Prob the most treacherous cushion I've seen in a long time. Mike Harrison said you have to drive it like a maniac but be cautious and tip toe at the same time lol sounds like a handful...
    I know. Where good. Just my thoughts.
    I would for once like to have a decent conversation on here. Just wondered what others opinions are. There are a ton of good tracks. Just wonders where FALS stacks up against other good tracks.
    Nathan Stephens