Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Get in a car and drive to a track and you won't have to worry about the crappy TV coverage!!!

Not everyone has that luxury Noreast

Quote Originally Posted by Noreast View Post
    Get in a car and drive to a track and you won't have to worry about the crappy TV coverage!!!
    Wow, you totally nailed it, we never thought of that. I won’t be at work today, I’m driving 10 hours to a race. Hey kids, I won’t be at your sporting event, I’m going to a race. Sorry I can’t be in your wedding, I’m going to a race.

Some of us have things to do and do not live close to these tracks or are remodeling a bathroom etc.

So what Lucas is doing is just not good for the sport.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Wouldn't it make sense that sponsors would want more exposure instead of less?? If I was looking to get my name on someone's car, I would want the most exposure possible for the money spent. Just doesn't seem like they want the drivers getting sponsorship with this move. Fewer eyes watching, fewer chances for a driver to get their name out there.

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Wouldn't it make sense that sponsors would want more exposure instead of less?? If I was looking to get my name on someone's car, I would want the most exposure possible for the money spent. Just doesn't seem like they want the drivers getting sponsorship with this move. Fewer eyes watching, fewer chances for a driver to get their name out there.
    You get 100x the exposure in front of a crowd than a 3 min highlight video on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    You get 100x the exposure in front of a crowd than a 3 min highlight video on the internet.
    How do you figure that?

Boy there are a bunch of people here complaining in this "we need it now or we are not happy" society.

DoD is great for the sport, no doubt, but it's Lucas' decision how to have their content shared and consumed.

In my opinion: missing DoD highlight coverage (3-5 min videos) is not moving the sponsorship needle for Lucas and its drivers. The drivers website, Social media usage, t-shirt sales......and wait for it......race results.....do far more than DoD to satisfy and lure sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    How do you figure that?
    Well if you aren’t in the top 3 or bringing out cautions. Then the likely hood of having a ton of exposure is limited.

Most people can’t even read the sponsors on the car in a highlight video.

The number watching the highlights is small in comparison to the real world.

The Lucas series has unfortunately become the steward for car rules. They have failed miserably at keeping the cars in check. Why should we expect them to make good decisions in this regard.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Husker and tireguy, I get what you guys are saying. Just seems like coverage would only help someone in a boardroom that might not go to the track often or maybe never goes to the track, agree to give sponsor dollars, just because there is some video content. JMO and thanks for the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by racenut View Post
    flexing muscles....just like UMP/WoO when a small UMP track wants to put on a LUCAS show. Unless grandfathered in with a long running race, the track is then threatened with losing UMP sanction. A lot of places, not a big deal, but it (sadly) is a big deal in the heart of UMP Land...muscle flexing.....

DoD has really been pushing the Summernationals along with the stupid(IMHO) self appointed nickname....
    Wondering out loud here.....might be a bit of...."Who ya gonna support?"
    The ONLY reason FALS doesn't have a Lucas race...Lucas, of course did have first option several years ago when FALS came to them about a partnership with PDC.
    Lucas declined.
    Enter WOO, PDC is now a premier race, probably biggest 1/4 dirt race for Super Late Models in America.
    Lucas tries to schedule a Tour race and FALS is threatened by UMP.