Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wilmot Summernationals

Whats up at Wilmot? Rain or shine? Car counts high or low?

I’m an hour west of Wilmot so whatever happens here usually goes there. Just watchmaker local weather and they 50 percent chance of showers late afternoon early evening. It’s a crapshoot
    Last edited by bullring; 07-02-2019 at 05:48 AM.

Normally low car counts won’t be helped by weather

The thing with Wilmot is that it is known that if you attend an event there, you will not be out before 11pm usually. That being said I still plan on attending tonight. The last time I was there for The Hell Tour they had 19 cars and 90% chance of rain and it ended up sunny and 85. As for car count, when it comes to Late Models, it seems and is rumored that a lot of the Wisconsin/Dirt King Tour Drivers don't care for Wilmot. Wilmot always runs late due to there being too many support divisions for the main event. If you can get through these issues it is a good track. FYI it is my home track.
    #AnybodyButBobby

Races in 2021:

Illini 100 (WoO) @ Farmer City Raceway
    Diamond Jim 43 @ Wilmot Raceway (Dirt Kings)
    Truck Country 50 (LOLMDS) @ 300 Raceway- Farley, IA
    27th and 26th Double Down Dream @ Eldora Speedway (UMP Dirtcar)
    Silver Dollar Nationals @ I-80 Speedway (LOLMDS)
    Prairie Dirt Classic @ FALS (WoO)

Quote Originally Posted by Chadly329 View Post
    The thing with Wilmot is that it is known that if you attend an event there, you will not be out before 11pm usually. That being said I still plan on attending tonight. The last time I was there for The Hell Tour they had 19 cars and 90% chance of rain and it ended up sunny and 85. As for car count, when it comes to Late Models, it seems and is rumored that a lot of the Wisconsin/Dirt King Tour Drivers don't care for Wilmot. Wilmot always runs late due to there being too many support divisions for the main event. If you can get through these issues it is a good track. FYI it is my home track.
    Tracks need to understand that shows need to aim for 3-3.5 hours long and push the show through. I don't know the last time I've been to Wilmot and been home before 1-2am.

The tracks that understand that fans don't want to sit there for more than 3-3.5 hours are the ones that are thriving.

Totally agree!

Went to the late season Dirt Kings Wildman Watson Late model show last year. 5 hours to run three classes and yes, the Late Model main event was last.

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    Went to the late season Dirt Kings Wildman Watson Late model show last year. 5 hours to run three classes and yes, the Late Model main event was last.
    That’d get ya scratched off my list.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

This is a Bob Sargent promoted show, so hopefully they move things along.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

The weather forecast is looking iffy tonight so let's take a little poll. If there is weather coming tonight during the show will;
    A. UMP officials monitor the radar and adjust the program accordingly to get the late models in (After 3 screw ups they have finally seen the error in their ways)
    B. There will be rain coming and they will run the modified feature first
    C. There will be rain coming and they will have a lengthy intermission

I'll take b and c

I will take "B".

Did they cancel the race?

Just heard it’s cancelled.

Man no effort at all anymore. Why would they not even try to work the track in. Had an hour till hot laps still. Tour is sadly becoming a joke.

Dam the luck... This could be a record for the most rain outs ever for the Hell Tour. And they are only @ the halfway point of the tour.

The lazy promoter tour continues. The sun came out to dry things up and they canceled. The track would have been perfect. Why do these "promoters" schedule these races then pray for a reason to cancel them? Sherri wasted a perfect evening last night and the fans get screwed again tonight. This tour has become an absolute joke and UMP doesn't hold anybody accountable.

The Fair Weather Tour!!!!

Five minutes rain and a crack of thunder and the race was off. Will be interested to see if we get any more rain.