Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I agree about Jacksonville ranking right up there with Fairbury. Fairbury might have late models but, J-ville has the market for sprints and Midgets. Macon does run a fair amount of midgets races as well.

Yes that was the night Brandt sponsored the race. That's the night it was raining throughout the state but, not at the track. It was pouring about a mile from the track in all directions but, not at the fairgrounds. We had several calls asking if we were still racing and call after call we told them yes and time after time they kept saying no way but, the show did go on as Advertised with a great field of cars in all divisions.
    Yep, Christopher Bell put on an epic show driving one of the KKM cars! Can't remember who won the late model feature. I just remember it was a hell of a race, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Yep, Christopher Bell put on an epic show driving one of the KKM cars! Can't remember who won the late model feature. I just remember it was a hell of a race, as well.
    Ok I'm thinking of a different night which only ran the Late Model and Modifieds. was the race your talking about just a couple of years ago or longer?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Ok I'm thinking of a different night which only ran the Late Model and Modifieds. was the race your talking about just a couple of years ago or longer?
    Yep, just a couple years ago, Kid. The one when Chad Boat went out of the track in turn #1 and almost rolled all the way to where spectator cars were parked. He got dinged up a little over that deal.

Brandon Sheppard won the late model portion of the show that night and yes that was one of the biggest crowds Lincoln has ever had. Yes Chad flipped his midget 15 times that night. He returned to action Aug 1st. Nebraska Jefferson county speedway.