Destination Greenwood & The Silver Dollar NationalsIn June each year there is a migration to Omaha and the College World Series. In the fall, the migration is to Lincoln and Nebraska Football with 90,000 plus fans in the house. To many Nebraskans there is a virtually unknown destination halfway between Omaha and Lincoln. It’s just off Interstate 80 near the little town of Greenwood. It’s called I-80 Speedway and for three days in July it’s the capital of the dirt late model racing world.On Thursday, July 18, things kick off with the Malvern Bank sponsored GO50 which features the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series drivers, the regional Malvern Bank Super Late Models and unsanctioned by invitation Modified drivers in the GO25. Fans are still buzzing over last year’s finish of the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned GO 50 when Blairsville, Georgia’s Jonathan Davenport nosed out Tennessee’s Scott Bloomquist by inches after 50 torrid laps of racing.Then on Friday & Saturday night it’s time for the Crown Jewel of I-80 Speedway, the Ninth Annual Imperial Tile Silver Dollar Nationals paying a whopping $53,000 to win the 80 lap Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned feature on Saturday, July 20. That race has quickly become one of the Crown Jewel events in dirt late model racing. Along with the Lucas Oil Series, some of the best modifieds in the land will be competing the in the companion USMTS Modified series.With its unique format, which has no time trials for the Silver Dollar Nationals, but double qualifying heat races for each competitor in both series, the Silver Dollar Nationals has become a fan favorite the draws race fans from across the country and abroad as well. With a track that is always wonderfully prepared it’s not unusual for a driver to start at the back of the back (30th starting position or so) and charged to lead the race or challenge for the lead.Another popular feature of the Silver Dollar Nationals is the last chance race which pays $3,000 to win but allows the top finishers to either take their money and run give it back and start at the tail of the big race. That race is sponsored this year by S&S Welding located just a couple blocks from the I-80 Speedway, S&S in one of the premier builders of race car haulers in the country and draws race teams throughout the year to the Greenwood exit in search of their next race shop on wheels.One thing is for sure, co-owner Steve Kosiski and his crew will have the I-80 Speedway racing surface in great condition as the best of the best invades the Greenwood area for most likely three of the best days of racing you may see all year.So, if you want to see another marquee Nebraska sporting event, don’t miss the Malvern Bank GO50 and the Imperial Tile Silver Dollar Nationals playing at the I-80 Speedway July 18 through 20. The stars will all be there; Davenport, Bloomquist, McCreadie, Pierce, Owens, Pearson, Jr., Richards, Moran, Erb, Bronson, O’Neal. It doesn’t get any better than this!For ticket information, visit www.i-80speedway.com or call (402)-342-3453. I-80 Speedway is located one block north of Interstate 80 Exit 420, halfway between Omaha and Lincoln. The Physical Address is 13909 - 238th Street, Greenwood, NE. Entrance to the track is at 13631 238th Street. For more information, visit www.i-80speedway.com or call (402)-342-3453. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.