Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I believe Mullins Racing Engines and Scott Bailey Racing Engines both built an LS engine to be used this year. I think Babb and Stovall were the drivers that were to utilize them. Didn't hear any dyno numbers but I think these numbers Baldwin is showing are a little hard to believe. The on track results were prove everything. Numbers don't mean anything if it's not winning.

Racing those dynos again. Happens all the time. Total BS. At this pace, 8 round holes will make 2000 in another few years.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Plans on running the Lucas oil events this weekend

Be interesting to see it perform.

Just say no...

if theyre gonna make a legit foot print then they need to have a proven driver running one

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    if theyre gonna make a legit foot print then they need to have a proven driver running one
    I'm always more impressed by a car when a guy who isn't fast gets one and improves greatly.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

i agree but ive never heard of rettig winning anywhere

Their is one in pa that's won a few races on a big half mile but they were only weekly shows. i do not know how well it runs against regional and professional touring cars

Austin Rettig, is from like Missouri or some such?

Wasnt he the guy in the 94 car, that put on a pretty good show at the Show me 100 race last year?

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Austin Rettig, is from like Missouri or some such?

Wasnt he the guy in the 94 car, that put on a pretty good show at the Show me 100 race last year?
    Yes, but I believe your thinking the topless a few years ago or the cotton picking at magnolia (don't recall the show me but you could be correct)

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Austin Rettig, is from like Missouri or some such?Wasnt he the guy in the 94 car, that put on a pretty good show at the Show me 100 race last year?
    Yes, I believe him and jd had a good battle in a heat race or somthing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Yes, I believe him and jd had a good battle in a heat race or somthing like that.
    He led the Topless, I believe it was, a year or 2 ago until a RR tire blew out on him.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He led the Topless, I believe it was, a year or 2 ago until a RR tire blew out on him.
    Yeah and came back to 2nd. Definitly his best race. Ran 2nd to mcdowell at the cotton pickin last year too

I seen on FB yesterday that they had the car at WILLYS on the chassis dyno, anyone ran across the numbers from that dyno session?

Quote Originally Posted by victorylane View Post
    I believe Mullins Racing Engines and Scott Bailey Racing Engines both built an LS engine to be used this year. I think Babb and Stovall were the drivers that were to utilize them. Didn't hear any dyno numbers but I think these numbers Baldwin is showing are a little hard to believe. The on track results were prove everything. Numbers don't mean anything if it's not winning.
    from the looks of it stovall is still running it . He wasn't very good last night but it didn't look too be engine related. He has also one a few times this year with it. Rettig also had a bad night but first bought back out so can't really judge their. seemed to have plenty of steam in hot laps for what it's worth.

Also i spoke to a cousin of mine who is pretty heavy in the ls world. He said their are a few people who have made north of 840 and that his cam guy is working with a build right now they expect to be around 940 but their spinning them 8400+ to get their

These engines have been done here and there for years now. Bloomquist even ran one before but I believe it didn't work out because it had individual coils per cylinder leading to a custom front cover with a conventional distributor. Fletcher Made was the builder. I built one for my own car back in 2011-12 while working at a machine shop, had a lot of interest from a lot of racers but no one would take the plunge and build it because it was different from usual and unproven. It's going to take a few serious names getting wins before others will jump on the bandwagon. Remember these engines are 15* valve angle, the LS7 variants are 12* and there are canted valve versions available from the aftermarket.

https://s186.photobucket.com/user/st...?sort=3&o=1464

https://s186.photobucket.com/user/st...?sort=3&o=1430

I stand by my statement that i don't believe the numbers but that doesn't mean it can't/won't be or isn't a good engine. However you have to remember that (pretty sure) was Austins first night in a new car and different brand car, so you can't base too much on the engine off last night.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    I stand by my statement that i don't believe the numbers but that doesn't mean it can't/won't be or isn't a good engine. However you have to remember that (pretty sure) was Austins first night in a new car and different brand car, so you can't base too much on the engine off last night.
    I tend to agree with you billet especially in regards to the rpm i just don't see it. . But The funny part is with the numbers he's boasting Baldwin that is. He could be off 100hp and it would still be a pretty decent piece. I aswell would like to know what it did on willys dyno considering how many know good combos they have had on their. But then again i don't know if I'm sold on their ict and other stuff yet aswell

Old age is messing with me, what was his brother's name who was killed in an atv accident? He was very good and had a promising career ahead of him.