Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Josh King Gets It!

If anyone hasn't watched the DoD interview with Josh King yet check it out. We should all support promoters like him that understand the entertainment value for the fans and genuinely care about the fan experience. He's become one of the top promoters in the country IMO. They have dumped a lot of money into that facility over the last 5 years, the track is 200% better than it was during the black ice days, he can keep his track racey for 3 straight nights of racing (4 in some years), and when he gets asked about passing points the first thing he mentions are the FANS. We need more promoters like him. Hopefully everyone continues to support fan friendly events like the North/South, Silver Dollar Nationals, and USA Nationals. Promoters only have one reason to go to a passing points format, and that is for us, the fans.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 08-07-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Yes-he gets it!
    For me as a fan- it doesn’t matter who wins the points championship or if B Sheppard Or Davenport win 5 races or 20 races a year. We all have our favorite drivers/teams & enjoy the bragging rights of a good season. For my return on $$ spent I want to be entertained and for me when the weekend is over- my question to myself is: was I entertained & did I enjoy the show!
    🏁🏁

They’d get more cars if it was World 100 format

The racing is been amazing. My first North/South 100 was When Miller won. I have only seen one bad race where the track locked down. I love the passing points format at this track. You can pass on this track and that is why it works here. I have seen Don O'Neil win 2 heats in one night. Some tracks can not pull this format off.

Car counts don't matter, the racing quality does.

Yep, he gets it!! One of the best promoters out there!!

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Car counts don't matter, the racing quality does.
    Until you’re watching a national touring feature with 12 cars......

The only complaint I can give Florence is they are in serious need of bleacher updates on that backstretch.
    That's it, though.

the next thing is the drc will get blamed for it...lol

Red face

A National touring series with only 12 cars { on a good night } is even more sad when the same car that is supposed to win. wins because it is the factory works car and it is expected to win !

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    A National touring series with only 12 cars { on a good night } is even more sad when the same car that is supposed to win. wins because it is the factory works car and it is expected to win !
    What are you talking about? 12 cars on a good night? Your an extremely dishonest person.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    What are you talking about? 12 cars on a good night? Your an extremely dishonest person.
    He’s one of them people infatuated with Rocket. Everyone else has a house car, they just don’t know how to do as well as Mark does. Funny, many preach free market, until someone they don’t like is the one leading the pack. Then it’s not the same.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Its too bad Josh doesn't get the benefit of PPV like most other promoters do. Closing your biggest race of the year off to anyone who can't afford to travel there or is unable to attend is very small minded.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    Its too bad Josh doesn't get the benefit of PPV like most other promoters do. Closing your biggest race of the year off to anyone who can't afford to travel there or is unable to attend is very small minded.
    I was told it’s a track decision to not have ppv...

He could take that PPV cash and upgrade those 50 year old bleachers!!!

I must say... It was a very good interview.. I liked his take on JD thing about the passing points format.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    So you haven't been to A WoO event where only 10 of their regular touring guys turned up ? You have a PLANK in your eye ! ! ! !

John sandlin is live on Facebook Incase anybody is interested. Just heard bob dillner say that Michael Norris is “Pennsylvania posse” LOL

It blows my mind, guess it's one of the rare times that he doesn't get it.. PPV or no PPV, Florence would be packed just like it is..

You guys greatly overestimate just how much a PPV event brings in. Like GREATLY overestimate.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember