Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Carpenter

Default Tyler Carpenter

If you get a chance, watch his victory interview after winning the Butterball. It’s on DOD. It’s refreshing to see someone so excited.

When drivers got to say how poor they are, I lose respect for them. It's not like a lot of others aren't in the same shoes, they just got about their own business.

Tyler is the greatest interview in late model racing, every time

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    When drivers got to say how poor they are, I lose respect for them. It's not like a lot of others aren't in the same shoes, they just got about their own business.
    The Carpenters literally came from nothing and have put all their nickles into the business and racing. They’ve been pretty successful at it too. Basically the opposite of the Bronson’s, Terbo’s and Zeigler’s of the DLM world.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

I don’t like some of their antics sometimes but you can’t deny the success. Fast Freddie and his boys pulled some serious junk to the races for a long time, pretty cool to see what they’ve done for themselves

I feel the same. They had rough stuff and didn't look like they knew what to do with the controls in the car either. But, they have their stuff together these days. I can sure respect their hustle and how far they have come.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

He's the man to beat every time he comes to Richmond.

I don't feel like he's playing the three poor card like some of the bigger guys i just think he's emotional. He didn't say we're doing more with less he just said he came from nothing. While I'm not a big fan of English i think it would of been great for any one of those top three to win. All good regional drivers that 20k could do alot four their program

Doesn't Terbo's family run a septic business? If racing is how they want to spend the hard-earned family dime, then more power to 'em.

I wouldn't call that a glorious silver-spoon upbringing. Chance to make big $$ sure...but you're gonna earn every dollar.
    Nobody tells their kindergarten teacher they want to pump $#!@ for a living.

The Erb family business is not a honey wagon service !

He was all kinds of fired up after that win. The young man has always had a lot of raw talent driving wise but he’s really matured as a driver. Heck of a win over a very stout field of drivers.

I didn't used to care for Tyler, but he's made a fan out of me because of what they have came from. We need more of his kind out there IMO

I make it a point of going over and wishing Tyler and Freddie good luck when they're at the race I attend. Always working on their cars, definitely not kicking back in the toter home they don't have. Other teams might out shine them with all their fancy crap but few teams will out work them. That work ethic has earned my respect over the years. Raw and unrefined interviews are refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I didn't used to care for Tyler, but he's made a fan out of me because of what they have came from. We need more of his kind out there IMO
    Ditto. Used to truly dislike the whole group and their baggage at the track. We've seen them wreck good cars to win, tear up peoples stuff, get special treatment on tracks they promoted, etc.

Now however, we cheer for them at all the big races they run. They cleaned up their acts and are a real race team all around.

They are smart about it too, racing different races, winning or taking several top 3 places about everywhere they go.

This is awesome and I am very happy for them. 2

Is Donnie Moran still helping them? Did he ever drive for them? Read on here he was going to
    Congrats on there big win

Quote Originally Posted by rdcllk View Post
    Is Donnie Moran still helping them? Did he ever drive for them? Read on here he was going to
    Congrats on there big win
    Judging by his victory lane pics, that boy couldn’t pull out of the driveway...

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    I tend to agree. Hes not out there racing with Dub Barnhouse's 15 year old Rayburn car. He still has enough money to field a car or 2 so that better than 98% of the rest of us. Maybe he is T-mac's brother from another mother.

Quote Originally Posted by rdcllk View Post
    Is Donnie Moran still helping them? Did he ever drive for them? Read on here he was going toCongrats on there big win
    He has a car at his shop from what I understand, i think him helping Freddie was just in Florida.

It would be awesome to see Donnie in that car for the World 100.
    The return of Birky & Moran both would be incredible!
    🏁🏁

thats the thing about victory lane... after you put in all that money and hard work into a win, you never think about pulling out.