Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default $50,000 to win Virginia Motor Speedway

Anyone know anything about this? Just saw this on DoD while looking through the September schedule to see if there are any good shows coming up. Haven't heard of this and thinking about going. Not sure how a guy could pass up a $50K LM event. Anyone know what drivers will be expected to be there?

It’s the Fastrak world finals or whatever it’s called now.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

It is the FASTRAK World Championship for Chevrolet Performance Late Models (Crate) it coincides with the Speedway's 50th Anniversary.

I’d say they picked a pretty good date to schedule it. Other than the Lucas guys being at Knoxville, a lot of big names should be heading to VMS.

All you need to know....lots of cash, lots of cars at a great racetrack.

The FastTrack pr folks do not post much about it on 4m. Come to think about it neither does rush. I go over to race stud to browse and those 2 crate promotional teams post a ton of stuff. Personally I think they just try to one up each other. You can read some funny chit between crate haters and lovers. Whatever you do, don't reply, you'll get caught up in there north/south battles. I never thought 1 person could have so many a holes. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    The FastTrack pr folks do not post much about it on 4m. Come to think about it neither does rush. I go over to race stud to browse and those 2 crate promotional teams post a ton of stuff. Personally I think they just try to one up each other. You can read some funny chit between crate haters and lovers. Whatever you do, don't reply, you'll get caught up in there north/south battles. I never thought 1 person could have so many a holes. LOL
    Is this race for 50k for crates or supers ?

See post #3

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    All you need to know....lots of cash, lots of cars at a great racetrack.
    That's a can't fail recipe......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    That's a can't fail recipe......
    As long as you include the bologna burger.. Not sure how many people outside the mid-Atlantic know how nice Sawyer's place really is..
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

There might be some as nice, ( maybe) but none nicer.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

It's an incredible facility, it's location is just terrible for support though.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

We have posted several updates on here regarding the $50,000 to win FASTRAK World Championship. Just not in this particular category.

"All you need to know....lots of cash, lots of cars at a great racetrack"

Agree 100% but add expansive grounds for dry camping/grilling/socializing/etc.

Format for World Championship $50,000 to win $2050 to start!

Scorer from the North South is doing it for us to insure there are no errors.

North South purse and North South format. Same as I-80 speedway does now also.

Everyone runs 2 heats, averages plus passing points

B mains, feature.

Tear down 3, quick check 4-10th.

Darn near had a heart attack...thought it said WEST Virginia Motor Speedway.

Fast Track has posted about this deal in the crate late model gossip section and the PR section where it should only be.

Most of these "PR" folks must be visually handicapped because they consistently break the rules on where they post... might as well hire Blackie. Maybe they would get banned!
    Last edited by Krooser; 08-22-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    .....Fast Track has posted about this deal in the crate late model gossip section and the PR section where it should only be......
    And just yesterday someone posted a helpful thread about sprint car racing, and I think I saw (gasp!) an asphalt post recently. Who cares? This is a big race for Dirt Late Models; I would think that would fit in the Dirt Late Model Forum. Go see the race, you may be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Darn near had a heart attack...thought it said WEST Virginia Motor Speedway.

Fast Track has posted about this deal in the crate late model gossip section and the PR section where it should only be.

Most of these "PR" folks must be visually handicapped because they consistently break the rules on where they post... might as well hire Blackie. Maybe they would get banned!
    Krooser, I posted this and I am not in public relations. The title of this section is called "Dirt Late Models" and I believe that crate LMs run on dirt. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You know everytime somebody starts spouting about places to host a big race or another truck race people right away with knoxville or lucas or someplace. I said then and i will say now that track in Jamaica Va. is one of if not the premier track in the country. First rate modern track conditions and i mean catch fencing and guardrails, i am talking about nascar level track conditions. Concrete walkways big aluminum bleachers that hold a ton of people. Huge parking area. This place is the best kept "secret" out there. I try to take a new person everytime i go. Oh and its is bad fast too, but not so fast that the leader can't be chased down.