Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    And there's been no part failures cause he dont drive the car hard enough to break anything...hence the 0 in the win column....
    Pretty much spot on, and in some cases everyone is ok with that. I like both Bobby and Devin, but comparing those two are like apples and oranges. Devin is more conservative and content, Bobby always willing to throw one in the trash can for a win. I don't know which scenario plays out best financially for DB.... Devin's consistency and saving the equipment, or Bobby harder on equipment but bringing home bigger checks/always a legitimate threat. I will say, if my team is financially in good shape and I had to take one of those two to a crown jewel with a reasonable expectation to win it... its obviously Pierce. I travelled a few years with a 410 sprint team, and if there is one thing I learned in that time is to compete for wins, selling t-shirts and attracting sponsors, you have to go out each night and drive like that car wont see another day. If you go out there to save your stuff and "just finish in the top ten", and the mindset not to push things... you may luck out here and there if the starting spot and track works out just right, but largely you will get it handed to you. Maybe DB is just fine with being one of those teams and having fun with it?

There are only a few that even want to make the comparisons between the two.......and when they do it's always painted as a self portrait of the whine maker making the comparison.

Balls out driving to win and doing it your way no matter what and in what setting ......Bobby by a mile.

Good driver, team player, great attitude and no circus .....not even close, Moran by two miles.

And looking at the lolm rankings and dollars, not a ton of difference either way.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Get married in the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) winter,but Devin wasnt a threat to win it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by non driving fool View Post
    His brother is getting married that weekend, it has nothing to do with Dunn-Benson.
    Statistically his brother will have more weddings, but there are only so many chances to win a globe.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by stewart fan View Post
    Get married in the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) winter,but Devin wasnt a threat to win it anyway
    Certainly not a favorite, but he could have won. Just means 50-200 less laps on the track to learn from.
    "The Wise One"

Not sure where you're getting your stats I'm sure Moran has 15-20 years to win a globe. Dont see his brother getting married that many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    Not sure where you're getting your stats I'm sure Moran has 15-20 years to win a globe. Dont see his brother getting married that many times.
    How many times did Freddy Smith try to win a globe... only so many chances...
    "The Wise One"

We aren't talking about freddy smith, Moran is young and unless eldora just shuts down I'm sure he has at least 10 chances to get one.

For people that take marriage as serious as they should you don't get that many chances to find the right spouse either.

Solid decision by Devin to support his family IMO.

We aren't talking about freddy smith, Moran is young and unless eldora just shuts down I'm sure he has at least 10 chances to get one.
    And only one chance to go to his brothers first ( and hopefully last) wedding.

Exactly, that's what I was trying to point out, the world is an annual race marriage is not.

Exactly, that's what I was trying to point out, the world is an annual race marriage is not.
    Saying marriage isn't annual is kinda to my point.

Freddy didn't start as an old man... this race ain't new.
    "The Wise One"

How is it to your point? This race comes every year a marriage doesn't. So in fact Moran has more chances to win a globe than seeing his brother get married.

The job isn't everything.......we all have them or have had them throughout our lives.

Even if racing a slm might be the coolest job in the world, it's not cooler than supporting your family and being there for them when and if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    For people that take marriage as serious as they should you don't get that many chances to find the right spouse either.

Solid decision by Devin to support his family IMO.
    I agree, Although I don't know the Moran family personally they seem like a close knit family so, one could understand not even a big race will keep Devin from doing the right thing. I doubt He will ever regret it.

The job isn't everything.......we all have them or have had them throughout our lives.

Even if racing a slm might be the coolest job in the world, it's not cooler than supporting your family and being there for them when and if you can.
    Where's the like button when you need it.

I was a late learner to the concept......missed a few cool things along the way.

Making up for lost time as I get older

Hence the better average finish and similar ranking and much better attitude within the team........oh, and Devin actually takes part in the maintenance program and shows up at the shop.

But who's counting?
    I could see if running 7th to 12th is good enough your attitude would be good.

What’s the difference in Lanigan skipping the North/South?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderma4 View Post
    I could see if running 7th to 12th is good enough your attitude would be good.
    The car running at the end of the race helps too with the attitude.