Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

And he still wonders why???

Remote control shocks,lmao.......maybe " his boy" ( those are his words) should spend a little more time doing an extra bolt check or twelve.....doesn't seem like they are on kill anymore with the confidence level......that picture in the pits from this weekend had some not so great body language going on in it.

Something is fixin to change........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Dam people are stupid.......have an opinion other than what the 4m royalty has and you instantly become a hater.

Just because people don't agree with you doesn't make them a hater of your guy.......more just a hater of you.

So the argument is b shepp is nothing without the 1 car well just curious if you take away all of chris's wins in the zero car who has won more races this year ? And now he won the dream but that didn't really count and he won the million but that was a bad race. If team zero could keep their head in the game maybe they could accomplish something but the blue number one just keeps on working and doing their job while more shenanigans at team zero. But those three wins outway a whole season. And to be clear that was not a shot at bloomquist accident or chris injury just the general lack of organization and professionalism that follows this team and nothing looks to be improving

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Remote control shocks and trick 5th coils, that car could be radio controlled without a driver in the seat at all and still win...
    "I'll believe that when me $#!@ turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert" - Captain O'Hagen

Is there even an argument that bshep is the best driver in dirt late models right now? Absolutely not. A few things to consider though. They also have the best car, best crew, and the largest notebook you could possibly think of.

At the beginning of this month, everyone was comparing this BShepp season to JD’s historical 2015 season. At that point Madden had a total of one win for the entire year. Yes, Madden’s current streak is awesome, but he only beat BShepp in one of those races (and Shepp finished 3rd in that one). Madden gets the edge in August, but it’s the two of them together who are above the rest right now. They’ve run a total of 7 August races with 5 wins and two 3rds. And the next time they face off is for The Globe. Can’t wait!

Everyone was not comparing bshepps season to jd s season of 15..... come on man.

Your point can be made without that kind of embellished nonsense.

Bshepp being number 1 is an opinion a lot of people have

There were some comments on here after the Dream that BShep was going to have a year like JD in 2015 but obviously that isn't happening. I give Madden the slight edge right now because he won 3 races in a row against very good competition. BShep and Madden were at Cedar Lake together and Madden passed him to win and BShep fell back to 3rd. Head to head, Madden won. I didn't mean to degrade the Dream, just the Million. Don't think you can count that race because it wasn't much of a race but Sheppard winning the Dream is huge but all his other wins are on the WoO tour. Need to see how the two of them do coming up in the World, Knoxville and the DTWC but as of now I give Madden the slight edge due to winning multiple major events as opposed to multiple touring events. That is just my opinion and I am not trying to criticize anyone who thinks differently... just my thoughts on the matter.

World Finals must count or I suppose not being it’s a WOO event? One guy had a hot 3 weeks and the other had a hot 7 months.

Tuty, no. The Finals has most guys there from both tours and very good competition. That is a lot different than a regular show. Are you to tell me that a regular World of Outlaws show, that has pretty much only Shane Clanton to give him any sort of a run for his money each night, is a good way to gauge his overall success against all LM drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    Tuty, no. The Finals has most guys there from both tours and very good competition. That is a lot different than a regular show. Are you to tell me that a regular World of Outlaws show, that has pretty much only Shane Clanton to give him any sort of a run for his money each night, is a good way to gauge his overall success against all LM drivers?
    i understand your point but for a large majority of those tour wins madden was their less not forget he ran the woo for most of the year and couldn't get the job done. I wish madden was their last week. I just don't think it's fair to say it shouldn't count because it wasn't a very good race everybody but madden was their and Sheppard beat them rubber or no rubber. Hands down their are no too better driver/car combos than madden/sb and Sheppard/rocket right now hopefully they get to race it out

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Everyone was not comparing bshepps season to jd s season of 15..... come on man.

Your point can be made without that kind of embellished nonsense.

Bshepp being number 1 is an opinion a lot of people have
    The comparison has been bouncing around. In the dlm "media" even.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

junghans, wiess Lanigan?? Are they just nobody’s now?

Just trying to follow some people's logic on this thread.

B-Shepp isn't good...and only wins b/c of the car!?!?

Yet somehow, he manages to win races at a higher % then anybody else who has driven the rocket house car.

If I may...
    Donny Schatz is hands down the best sprint car driver in the world today. Some, may throw out a few other names as close 2nds, but it's Schatz and everyone else. Same with Lewis Hamilton in F1.

Schatz happens to pilot the best ride in sprint car racing and Hamilton drives the best ride in F1. Yes, they win b/c they're in good stuff, but they drive for the best teams in the world in their respective genre, b/c they're the best drivers in the world in their respective genre.

This is NOT hard to figure out.

At the end of the day, the best continue to prove they are simply that...the best.

When that is no longer the case, someone else will be in the seat.

Lanigan yes. Junghans is looking pretty good but has one win on the tour so far. Lanigan usually finishes anywhere from 5th - 10th no matter who is there and Weiss still is looking for his first checkered flag. I like the WoO tour and go every chance I get but it's no secret the tour isn't what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Just trying to follow some people's logic on this thread.

B-Shepp isn't good...and only wins b/c of the car!?!?

Yet somehow, he manages to win races at a higher % then anybody else who has driven the rocket house car.

If I may...
    Donny Schatz is hands down the best sprint car driver in the world today. Some, may throw out a few other names as close 2nds, but it's Schatz and everyone else. Same with Lewis Hamilton in F1.

Schatz happens to pilot the best ride in sprint car racing and Hamilton drives the best ride in F1. Yes, they win b/c they're in good stuff, but they drive for the best teams in the world in their respective genre, b/c they're the best drivers in the world in their respective genre.

This is NOT hard to figure out.

At the end of the day, the best continue to prove they are simply that...the best.

When that is no longer the case, someone else will be in the seat.
    Realy? Schatz has won 9 or 10 Knoxville Nationals. The Knoxville Nationals is the biggest sprint car race in sprint car racing.

How many World 100s does BShep have?

I never said Bshep wasn't good.

Everyone on here is saying his WoO victories, Dream and Million are better than Madden's USA Nationals, North/South and Topless victories.

I think Madden's are better.

I still think Brandon Sheppard is a great racecar driver.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The comparison has been bouncing around. In the dlm "media" even.
    I've read those handful of write ups too , but to say at the beginning of this month "Everybody" was trying to make that comparison is just absurd.

And for the record, I'm one that thinks Bshep is the best dlm racer in the country this year......not the first time I've said it either.

I can tell you one thing....Bshepp works on the #1 just like his crew does...seen it with my own eyes...he don't just sit in the hauler...

I never said Bshep wasn't good.

Everyone on here is saying his WoO victories, Dream and Million are better than Madden's USA Nationals, North/South and Topless victories.

I think Madden's are better.

I still think Brandon Sheppard is a great racecar driver.
    So the fact that Madden couldn’t get out of his own way for half the year doesn’t matter?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!