Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by makin'bakin' View Post
    My notes from the weekend:

- Don O'neal sucks
    - Mike Marlar is honest
    - Scott Bloomquist looks likes he has aged 20 years in the last 10 months
    - Hudson will be a stud in DLM racing (Sooner than later)
    - The beer was cold
    - The weather was great
    - Don O'neal sucks
    - The place was packed
    - Glad to see Saturday night fever again at the Big E
    - I wasn't a fan of the trophy
    - I didn't win the 50/50
    - Next year will be epic
    - Don O'neal sucks
    Spot on!

Btw- Don O’Neal sucks

Default Terry

The Brewster shirts were beyond a smart marketing strategy. My brother and I love Six Pack. Once we knew JD’s design, I asked him which one he wanted, and I liked the other one better. He got the one with the camper, I got the one with the car. Online of course, Saturday at 4:30ish they were sold out.

Would not have bought them if we weren’t fans of JD. Quite frankly though, I think the Moyer/Bloomer torch is being passed to him.

Glad your wife liked it. Only one my wife will go too no questions asked.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Jabber

Nah he just stepped on his fin as usual.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

And the track doesn’t need any tweaking. Maybe, just maybe, try and have more moisture on the bottom, but that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Eldora seriously needs to update the frontstretch and add more seats with more room

Don O Neal drives like a knucklehead

Why did we have to start at 7:38 p.m. on saturday. Start earlier so we can end at a decent hour and be able to go in pits and enjoy ourselves after the races. I know it was only 11 something but still.

Racing was good but man it is so dang aero dependent. Please someone step up and change this so the little guy has a shot.
    The frontstretch stands need demoed and put in much bigger stands. With actual leg room, and bigger seats. One heavy person in one of them rows and you are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    You could see from early on that Pierce's tires weren't going to last 100laps the way he was driving that car or that he would hit the wall.

It was just like the movie Six Pack except it was a tire for Pierce and a motor for the Turk.
    "And sooner or later BOOM" and the six pack crew laugh in the motorhome. Lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about 20 laps in.....there is no way the 32 car can be driven like that for 100 laps without torching a RR, but it was fun to watch while it lasted. 
    Not making a new thread about this because we all know it’ll be a crapstorm. I wasn’t taking my eyes off the race, but I was going to post at about lap 20-30, this ain’t going to last. He’s coming outta the corner sideways, JD and later Ricky, are straight. The tires aren’t going to last. They gotta get him a more balanced car. Truly was only place he could run. The top.

And the DoD article, mainly why I said I am not making a post, because of the obvious. It’s not bad luck when you’re overdriving the car. It’s you guys making your own crappy luck. You can’t except Bobby to run 100 laps balls out against the wall and the car hold up. It did at I80, because there was a lot of moisture in the track and a big cushion. But chances are it ain’t going to last. I think he’ll learn in time.

Mentioned wanting more moisture in the track also. The heats except for where they ran each other over weren’t very good. Eldora tacky is good to watch for a few laps, but everyone is equal and balls out. Only passes are sliders and bonsais. Feature time it was good. I understand for him it woulda helped, but the racing wouldn’t have been better. Maybe moisture in the bottom, that’s it.

I feel for Bobby, but on the big stage, they gotta get a slick track program/set up figured out.

Best trip to a race I’ve had in a long time.

New campsites that were awesome for us. Had 4 spots in the southwest corner of the Northside lot, right on the corner of Northstar and 118. No shenanigans happening around us, which is what we like. Will be renewing those spots for as many years as the lord will let me.

Sat in top row patio seats Friday night for the first time and grass hillside in 3&4 on Saturday. Awesome views from each spot but those patio seats are primo.

Weather was perfect, beer was cold, racing was good, Babb won a heat,only thing that could’ve made it better is to hit that 50/50!

Default thoughts

Awesome weekend
    get JD and Landers a real Globe trophy
    meet new friends every year
    rusty rocked it all 3 night
    horses carrying the flag still give me chills
    party in speedy was best in a long time
    aero packages on cars need changed
    get rid of sxs before someone gets killed
    eldora is an awesome experience every year.

Sorry we couldn’t get together, CnB. I met up with some Ohio family for lunch in Greenville on Saturday. We chose Buffalo Wild Wings and immediately regretted it. It took forever to have our order taken, and then almost an hour to finally get our food. Didn’t get to the track until after the autograph session was already over. Our experience at BWW’s was the only negative of the weekend. We’ll definitely get together next time!

Quote Originally Posted by mll8pt View Post
    Awesome weekend
    get JD and Landers a real Globe trophy
    meet new friends every year
    rusty rocked it all 3 night
    horses carrying the flag still give me chills
    party in speedy was best in a long time
    aero packages on cars need changed
    get rid of sxs before someone gets killed
    eldora is an awesome experience every year.
    Spot on about Speedy, the party was legit. But the best part was, we didn't deal with any of it up front in row 8 right on the south drive. We walked to Mikes for some Tenderloins and Fries about 10 times throughout the weekend and had clear views of when the port a pots were cleaned, and safe for use.

The party in the back of the south drive looked insane though but seemed to keep order pretty nice.

The SXS need gone. I can't believe the owner allows it being that he's making millions and probably reporting about $250K annually profit. Lawsuit waiting to happen when someone kills someone with one and he will lose it all.

The BFE lot was packed Thursday mid day when we arrived but it looks like a really nice smaller and chill lot close enough to Speedy to enjoy the festivities but get a good nights sleep.

I'm a Page fan he has worked hard but to say Mason's car was pushing there was nothing he could do WTF it's called lifting the throttle Page will have to fix his stuff Mason will probably just send his back to chassis builder tell him call me when it's done. Big difference.Him being sorry don't fix nothing fore Page.

Saw the video of the O’Neal and Robinson incident. Don has better car control than that, hard for me to believe he thought he could make the corner without contact. Reminds me of when he took out Mars at Knoxville, maybe mid 2000s somewhere, Mars passed him clean out of 2, Don never lifted going into 3 only having a bead drawn on Jimmy’s left quarter.
    I hate time trials.

Everyone is talking about O’Neal, but there were a bunch of other guys driving the same way. The first two or three heats Saturday were insane. Awesome for us fans, but really tough on the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    I'm a Page fan he has worked hard but to say Mason's car was pushing there was nothing he could do WTF it's called lifting the throttle Page will have to fix his stuff Mason will probably just send his back to chassis builder tell him call me when it's done. Big difference.Him being sorry don't fix nothing fore Page.
    your right , but im pretty sure , page will be alright as well........

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    I'm not sure anybody will lose sleep over Page having to fix his car from somebody being overly aggressive!! I'd say he's still way ahead on that move!!

Eldora village was fairly quiet as usual. All though we didn't see anything dangerous i do agree with the side by sides leaving. I seem to remember them tickling the bottom groove through out the night most years in the past to help get the bottom to come in. Overall great time as usual. I feel like this year has been the worst year for Bobby and his aggressive top riding. He has always pushed it and ran the top but he used to have the ability/ restraint to use it when it helped most and conserve as needed. He also used to be able to run it straighter than most which is how he made it last when others couldn't. This year it seems like he is literally just throwing it in their for all its worth with no finess from lap one. (Maybe to much time around Bronson lol)

J king Kyle hasn’t even been working out of Bobby’s shop recently