Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Biggest no thanks of all time

This weekend. 4 days. 12 classes. That’s right! 12!!! Alabama state championships at eams. I’d rather be shot in the face with a bazooka than go to this mess!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I'll be doing yard work listening to the cars go around the track, while my car is in the shop on jack stands perfectly ready to go to senoia next weekend instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88 View Post
    I'll be doing yard work listening to the cars go around the track, while my car is in the shop on jack stands perfectly ready to go to senoia next weekend instead.
    I hope you won’t be doing yard work 96 hours 🤣🤣🤣
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Either way I'd be less pissed than if I was out there getting screwed. Lol

$5k to win Supers aren't bringing bigger guys in either!! Woo and Lucas are up North, instead of the South! $35 to get in just Sunday only!! 12 classes now!!! Ole man Thomas got to be rolling!! Eams is a MESS!! Wait a week until Senoia!

Purse for Supers
    1.$5,000
    2.$1000
    3.$500
    4.$250
    5.$100
    6-24 all owe an additional $100 at the gate before leaving.

Good lord 5th place paying $100 ? How the h£ll is the gates still open at that place ?

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Purse for Supers
    1.$5,000
    2.$1000
    3.$500
    4.$250
    5.$100
    **in addition Finishing positions 6-24 must pre-purchase: 3 (five day) pit passes, entrance fee, parking fee, ATV fee, facility fee, preparation fee, convenience fee, weather assessment fee, and administrative fee for the National 100. (CASH payment ONLY)

You forgot the 25 cents per sheet of toilet paper charge on there oh and the air you breathe charge.

I’ve been down here for 6 years now. I have no idea how any of these tracks remain in operation. I knew I had it good back home, but I didn’t realize just how good. Now I do.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Purse for Supers
    1.$5,000
    2.$1000
    3.$500
    4.$250
    5.$100
    I’m assuming this is a joke?

Terry M. It’s really sad in the south. Made 4 trips up north for 6 events. Had another trip planned but got canceled due to rain in April. Considering going to the DTWC next month. It’s a shame I have to drive so far to see quality supers get it on on racy tracks.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

While I get the angst over the EAMS deal I would say Magnolia, TST, and North Alabama are not sad in the South, nor is Volusia.

Late Model Mark

Magnolia has its moments, but rubbered up my last 2 times there. North Alabama was great when they had Lucas races but don’t run supers no more. Volusia, East Bay, well thats yankee south. They don’t count. Lol

Whynot is good. Wanna go to Ark La Tex bad but gotta be a 10k super race before I make the journey.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Sarcasm...... it’s not for everyone I suppose. Yes it’s a joke. There’s also no Easter bunny or Santa Claus if that mystery still has anyone stumped.

Volusia, NAL, TST, Magnolia, Whynot, Taz, Rome (most of the time), all good tracks.

I’m sure you two could pool your resources and get a nice place north of KY. Probably wouldn’t be many that would miss you.

Like I’ve said many times before, ain’t moving. I’m in between good racing and the beach. Family here. Staying put.

Forgot about the taz. It’s good. Just a different type of racing there. Hammer down, hope for the best, and go! Everyone needs to experience tazwell once.

Ain’t seen a good race at Rome in awhile. My opinion is they never cut down in the track and hardly race on it. Those cracks on the track been there for years. But I’d take a wore out Rome over Dixie any day.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Just stoppin by to remind you...

I agree bout Rome it never gets worked last race there Track looked better than I have saw it in years. They said Mickey was under the weather and Marvin Ford helped prep it .It didn't get as big of holes esp 3 and 4 as usual.

EAMS is and will be a sh!t show. That said, a trip to Whynot, Magnolia, Greenville, or Columbus is usually worth doing.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Just looking at Alabama, I believe things are not as sad as the author of this negative post opines. In the last few seasons we have had a new track built and 2 reopen and possibly a 3rd to get rolling again. Bear with me in this review below, before that there are some that only go to the biggies with the best in the business who have a disdain for lesser regional or weekly shows, their choice.

Let me review a few here in Bama, going from North, to the middle, and down to the southern portions of the state in no order.

1. Ft. Payne Motor Speedway, Marvin Ford has done a great job up there in a rather racer starved region, hosting at least 3 nice paying super shows as well as a number of nice paying UCRA events with real good crowds, not sad.

2. Thunder Valley Speedway, Winfield. This dilapidated over grown dead track has come back to life in 19 after being closed for many-a-moon. With a lot of grit and elbow grease this track started out slow and has progressed into a viable track located really in the sticks, a real plus and not sad.

3. North Alabama Speedway, another track closed and dead, overgrown with little hope, but the Mitchell group up there has done wonders. Interesting, unique, and forward thinking promotions have reaped rewards. Starting as of now, a small SLM series with cost protecting rules, Durrence Layne sanction with some excellent paying shows, a couple of USCS Sprint dates, good car counts and very nice crowds have spelled success for this really cool joint. another plus and not sad.

4. Moulton Speedway, this track has surely had it's struggles since the Crumb's sold it yet it has endured with a number of promoters. John Bates and family have poured their guts into this track running on Friday nights which is very challenging in Bama. They have tried some nice paying shows, yet it is a Saturday track but it is tough to compete as of now with NAS. Still good.

5. ECM Speedway. I announced when this closed track came back to life as River Valley Speedway. Had some up's and down's but has now settled in as a viable and workable deal. Weekly shows are it's staple with Durrence Layne sanctioning. Nice car counts and crowds at this country track. They put a lot into the track and it is bearing fruit, yet another plus that is not sad.

6. Talladega Short Track, yep I am biased as I announce there. There is no argument in my view this is the flagship leader in the state on a weekly and regional basis. With the regions premier dirt Go-Kart track, Raceway Park as a Friday night staple with cart counts from 85 to 120 and a huge one this weekend, another solid plus and not sad.

The big track, we have 3 visits by the Southern All Stars, 2 on Nascar weekend, and the $10K-to-win Governors Cup in August. 5 visits by the Durrence Layne LM Touring Series with car counts from 40 to 60. 2 USCS Sprint dates, specials for all out divisions including the Jerry Goodwin Challenge and the twin-20's for the Supers. Best weekly field of Supers in the state and nice fields for the other 3 LM classes. The Modified division has seen the car counts rise with maybe the best racing of any division.

Then...…..the biggie, a "RACE THAT REALLY MATTERS," the Ice Bowl, we had a region high of 337 cars for this race, it matters baby when 337 show up, another great plus that is not sad.

7. Hollis Speedway, a track that laid dormant for years, went thru a promoter or two and now is doing well with much effort by track staff, with TST just a short drive, the competition for cars and fans is there, but they are getting it done. A nice plus and not sad.

8. EAMS...next track

9. Tri County Speedway in Pollard. A brand new spankin' track built a few years ago that is doing nicely with car counts and fans, a racy little bullring with a good surface

There are a few and not all, scuttlebutt has it that there is a chance (as of 2 months ago) that Shelby County Speedway in Wilsonville may get back in business.

There is always much room for improvement and change. There are some winners in Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee,Florida and Louisanna too. Wonder if thos moster crowds at Dixie and Rome are considered sad, thank you for your patience with this long post. Just had to counter the negativity.

Late Model Mark
    Proud TST Announcer.."The Hornets Nest" Holding races that matter.