Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

For the record I'm not a Pierce lover or hater and not a Moran lover or hater.

Just the facts mam, just the facts

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Sounds like a championship winning driver will be the new pilot next season.
    Assuming you mean national champion, one would think it will be Jimmy Owens, Don Oneal, or Earl Pearson or maybe Eckert

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Assuming you mean national champion, one would think it will be Jimmy Owens, Don Oneal, or Earl Pearson or maybe Eckert
    Rusty Schlenk?

3 drivers in 3 years and people on this forum want to compare 2 of the drivers. Shouldn't the conversation be about what is going on with the team? What once was a top team in Lucas competition is now hit or miss and runs 5-8th in points. What does everyone think?

I think they are still a good team, just missing a little something. And I think the last 2 drivers being young & so far from home was a small factor also.

I'm sure a lot factors in it both Moran and pierce ran at tracks they've never been to. The team is still a good team in my opinion it just needs some stability swapping drivers every year isn't gonna work.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    pierce 71 races so far 18 dnfs 1 dns so more dnfs then wins and 80% of his wins are 5k or less. I know 2 blown motors with that and 2 rearends. devin 69 races 4 dnfs
    morans site doesn't say anything about dnfs so where did u get that stat? I seen 4 dns not any dnf he just list spot finish .

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Sounds like a championship winning driver will be the new pilot next season.
    Josh getting that ride. Hear Bowyer Dirt a big ????? for next year. Go big if you're posting in the gossip section.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    3 drivers in 3 years and people on this forum want to compare 2 of the drivers. Shouldn't the conversation be about what is going on with the team? What once was a top team in Lucas competition is now hit or miss and runs 5-8th in points. What does everyone think?
    Overmatched personnel making setup decision. If you have driver and equipment, that's all that is left.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    For the record I'm not a Pierce lover or hater and not a Moran lover or hater.

Just the facts mam, just the facts

Who accused you of hating or loving either driver??? You said Bobby has won more races, fact. You said Devin will get more wins down the road...which you, I, and many others likely agree with.

You asked, what has Devin won. I answered the question.

Quote Originally Posted by cprince07 View Post
    I think they are still a good team, just missing a little something. And I think the last 2 drivers being young & so far from home was a small factor also.
    Huge factor cprince07........unhitch from home , family and friends and go to a new state and live with and amongst strangers.....that's got to be tough on youngsters that are both rooted very deeply in family.

I have my own opinion on why it didn't work out with both drivers and the reasons are both very different....but that's for another thread.

What's not for another thread is to point out how joyful, happy , gay,giddy and relieved Cleo is because Devin didn't do much better overall than Bobby did in the ride.....like he was hoping for failure all along......pa THETIC.

and they wonder why?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Who accused you of hating or loving either driver??? You said Bobby has won more races, fact. You said Devin will get more wins down the road...which you, I, and many others likely agree with.

You asked, what has Devin won. I answered the question.

Did somebody say FACT?

Zonk riding in to save the day with them again.......nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Overmatched personnel making setup decision. If you have driver and equipment, that's all that is left.
    Think you aren't giving chemistry....attitude.....respect...work ethic...a little luck and experience enough credit.

A great set up is awesome, but as you know it's not one size fits all and if any of those things above aren't involved it's almost impossible to find that setup combination that works for the guy in the seat consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Think you aren't giving chemistry....attitude.....respect...work ethic...a little luck and experience enough credit.

A great set up is awesome, but as you know it's not one size fits all and if any of those things above aren't involved it's almost impossible to find that setup combination that works for the guy in the seat consistently.
    I'm not big on that soft stuff. Sure, it matters, but fast race cars win races. Winning cures all ills. The divorce of 49 and 22 was kinda ugly, but they won together.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

True enough.....but I'm of the opinion that a great team of we beats a great team of "me" more times than not.

Ones just not as flashy.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    bingo 100 percent agree
    Last edited by spiderma4; 09-26-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    So much bickering on here. Are there only women on this board?

Since when does a top 5 finish give you credibility? Or even a second place for that matter! I guess that's what the world has come to these days. The thing that is great about Pierce is when you go to a race and watch him you see a guy that will do anything to win including beating the crap out of his own equipment. Could a racing fan want anything more from a driver?

I like Devan Moran a lot and he is very very very talentted but he hasn't won sh!t. Get back to me when he wins a big race.

Say what you want but it's pretty much fact that Pierce is better than Moran right now. Just be patient though, Moran has time to collect the big checks sand they will come.
    Because the second you mention Devin, it’s stink on sh!t from the you know who group. No he ain’t had the performance. Personally, I figured Pierce’s stats would blow him outta the water. Pretty comparable, their time in the DB car and head to head. But not sure why it even matters. Devin really learned to race from his Dad, and Bobby, still just a hard charger no matter what.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderma4 View Post
    speaking of stats moran 1 late model win $3000, pierce 17 wins $134,555 plus 10, 000 bonus for winning 3 in az. I don't really think that's a wash! So has $144.000 in 17 races moran in 48 races on lucas is at $123,365. Don't kid your self winning still matters
    One followed the Lucas tour, the other stayed close to home except for AZ. Just skip them stats?

It shouldn’t be an argument, but obviously you all look at it from a fan boys standpoint. They are both good young drivers and it’s a stupid argument y’all always wanna get into.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Devin is a very good young talent. That being said Bobby is way more accomplished and has been more successful. They will forever be compared to one another since they are both sons of hall of fame drivers and the same age. All of you are letting your hate for Bobby cloud the facts that he and Sheppard are definitely the most accomplished and most talented of the young crop of up and comers(Moran, O'Neal, Carpenter, English, Norris and so on). I know the haters will say he can only run the top or he tears up too much equipment. The plusses outweigh the minuses, he gets everything out of the car that it has to offer and that's all you can ask of the driver. If you want someone to not give it his all no matter track conditions or when the setup is a little off then Bobby is not your guy. I for one love it when you know as the owner the driver did all he could to get the car to the front. You all seem to praise Hewitt and he and Pierce are very similar in the win it or wear it style.

Pierce is rarely the problem in any of the arguments .....his driving style and numbers speak for themselves.

Everyone knows that " club bobble head" drives those outrageous fan bus conversations as if they were driving the race team hauler and doing the car set ups themselves.

And they wonder why?