Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Winning is likely the least important thing to a sponsor...it's more about the relationshsip they have with the driver and team. And how well they promote their sponsor's product via social media, fan relations, personal appearances, media relations, etc.

Lots of things play an important part in keeping a sponsor happy....
    I don't disagree with that, but I did not say 'winning', I said competitive. It's all a big package. Being a media darling is nothing if you don't run well enough to get you in front of the media and being competitive doesn't do much good if you're a jacka$$ once your performance gets you the attention.

Krooser is on the right track, winning is only part of the package. Larson may well be a better promotional person than some of the jugheads that only know how to say “give me money”. WOO may well play in to it as well with Larson’s commitment to the series.
    I hate time trials.

At least you can admit winning (or at least being being competitive) plays a part. Larson does not win and is seldom competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    At least you can admit winning (or at least being being competitive) plays a part. Larson does not win and is seldom competitive.
    That’s being nice lol
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Larson was a just above average Wissota racer.

I may have missed it but does anyone have an estimate of how much this sponsorship amounts to?

I always assumed that Larson got that Drydean deal through Arnie Ranta.
    8/13/16

Sprint cars is where I think they will spend a lot more focus on. Logan Schuchart has given them huge exposure this season, and with the popularity of sprint cars still very high and growing in spots I think that's a smart decision. Some of the best races Ive been to this year have been 410 sprint cars events.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I've bought just as much Drydene as I have Miller Bros Coal.
    Or a Reese Monument LOL

I've heard the same thing about the Drydene sponsorship. Arnie Ranta could have teamed with Eckert and Larson would have been out in the cold, instead he stayed with his long time friend Larson and arranged the deal so Larson is the benefactor and Eckert is out in the cold. This exchange stopped Eckert's run with the WoO and insured Larson another year on the WoO tour. I guess that Arnie felt more comfortable with his equipment being at Larson's shop a few miles away rather then Eckert's shop 1,000+ miles away.