Default MARS Series for sale.

Per MARS FB page:

"We’re currently working on a 2020 schedule and plan for business as usual for the series but the series is for sale with some equipment and if you’re interested call Chris at (Redacted)."
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Chris has put a lot of effort into keeping a lot of different dirt racing series and tracks going and I imagine its getting about time to dial back for him..has to be very tiring.

What are u buying? There are so many series just start your own LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Good question. I posed this question to several people, even some track owners, what a person gets when they buy a regional series other than the name and any equipment (trailers, transponders, etc.). No one seemed to have an answer.

Just another useless regional series!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    You're exactly right. I "interned" for a regional series because of my dream of getting my foot in the door. I have no racing experience and sure as heck don't have the income to spend to figure out if i can race or own a car LOL. I spent the entire day with these guys thinking there was so much that goes into promoting a series/show. There isn't really much to it. You simply sell a brand, collect entry fees, and provide tech. Series don't even pay a purse. You charge a track for your brand, the 5 or so cars running for points to add to the car count, and a staff of 3-4 people to tech and coordinate the class you're promoting. The track is responsible for the purse almost always. When you're buying a series you are basically buying a franchise and getting a flat rate from the tracks week to week. Having said that... I really do respect the guys for their efforts. If you think a regional series is the answer to whatever you think the sport needs... go ahead and start your own. Pay a graphic designer to make crew shirts and wrap a 16 ft trailer with your logo then make whatever rules you think the sport needs. Despite their efforts, I think the regional series are a cancer to the sport. Even more than the cost of cars. And i say that with all due respect to the regional promoters and staff out there. They don't know any better.

Going by there points. They had 2 cars follow there series

Mooney Starr started the Mid-America Racing Series, MARS, in 2000 based out of Batesville Arkansas where he was also track promoter at Batesville Speedway. The series was very successful in the Arkansas, Missouri, Western Tennessee area. Starr popularized the Delaware double file restarts that many series use today. The series was later sold to Randy Mooneyham and the home base moved to Monett Missouri. The series was sold again a couple of years ago and has faded to only a handful of races this year. Perhaps it has outlived its uselessness. Terry Phillips and Bill Frye were the dominate drivers of the series in the early years.

This should shock no one. A Regional LM series is a tough row to hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    This should shock no one. A Regional LM series is a tough row to hoe.
    For some good advice, contact Ray Cook. He knows the secrets.