Thread: Not a word

Default Not a word

About the u.m.p. Finals

Unbelievable how insignificant that event has become in a short time. If the goal was to kill it they have succeeded.

$2k to win!

And on a weekend where Peoria has a &5k to win that will pull some of the central Illinois guys. Lates should pay at least 5k or just kill it.

Thumbs up

They Get what they ask for..... Race should be more centrally located in the main area where UMP cars and team are located. Any track hosting this event if done right should have a large pit area and be better equip to hold a race of this magnitude for the UMP drivers. Not saying I-55 can't hold the race; but come on at least promote the event and pay better. I never saw one thing mentioned about the show. Format, payout, location, & prices..... the whole deal is terrible. It's the UMP NATIONALS".... It should pay better, there should be more racing, more incentive to go, and it should move from track to track every year. Give every track and area a chance to run the "NATIONALS". It should be a special race, and they should put some effort into making it special.... Look at Mod Mania for instance! Always a great turnout. The whole thing is a joke anymore and is a shell of it's former self as a racing event.....
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Plus they let people practice on Thursday night so unless you want to be at a disadvantage it’s essentially a three day show for that pay. No thanks

Late models only race Saturday night.

Next weekend’s race at Fairbury should be the UMP Nationals. Maybe adjust it to be a little like the former UMP Nationals at Eldora. Qualifying, heat races, and champions races on Saturday, features on Sunday afternoon. Super Late Models, Modifieds, and Crate LM’s.

It needs to be adjusted some because it sure not going to fly at Pevely especially since last year’s was totally cancel

That is very sad. Used to be a heck of an event at Eldora. Terrible what they’ve done to it in a few short years.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I'm on racing sites every day. Unless I've seen it and don't remember. Which is totally possible. This is the first I've heard about it.

STLRacing.com has the info

Stlracing I stay away from

Yeah I didn’t realize they are only running supers Saturday night. I’m still griping about last year. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    stlracing i stay away from
    x 2. ...........
    8/13/16

I will never forget the first year we went in 2003. My dad and I went over on Saturday got there at 11a.m. and by 3p.m. they had 175 modifieds and 73 Super Lates. They had a 2 day grandstand pass for $20 and a pit pass was $40 for 2 days. Also they hotlapped at 3:30 and qualified 1 car at a time 1 lap and ran heats and then Sunday at 1p.m. they ran consis and states races and chassis races and features. What fun times. Once it went to 3 days that killed it.

Only qualified and ran features last night as I read a put a fork in it

It’s not just the UMP Finals. There’s barely a word on this forum about any race, other than Crown Jewels. Unless there’s something controversial — or Pierce or Bloomquist are involved.

18 cars last night. Pretty much a regular show at I-55 as the cars there were guys who run there every week.

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    18 cars last night. Pretty much a regular show at I-55 as the cars there were guys who run there every week.
    Some of those cars were Crate Late Models...#11 Trevor Gundaker was 10th fastest qualifier and the #84 won the hard charger award, both with 604 crates...