Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

its sort of ironic that for years fans and racing series talk about inverts, and gimmicky formats so that the whole weekend isn't based on the pill you draw in qualifying...Well congrats Lucas....this is exactly that.

Any format where there is qualifying and ends up where a heat winner doesn’t make the show is raw garbage. That is straight out of the creating drama where there is none book that NASCAR has used to chase all its fans away.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    Are the point calculations available anywhere? I'd be interested to see how far out Oneal and Bloomquist were from making the top 16.
    Saw them last night FB or Twitter. Try this
    https://www.facebook.com/KBM40B/phot...&__tn__=EEHH-R

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    The drivers knew the format going in. If they didn't like it they could have stayed home. The same goes for the fans. Why complain about something that was advertised after you get there?
    I can bet you very few fans knew this was the format, and most drivers. It was advertised repeatedly that it was going back to the old school format. Which it hasn’t. Another magical format that puts all the weight on qualifying. All we kept hearing was the old format, heats, consis, feature.

Not there because I have to finish things on the outside of my house before winter hits.

Two guys winning heats get stuck in a consi, with their best starting being I think 17&18 is one bad a$$ format lol.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Josh

Pretty much. Shoulda stuck with the double heat format. Whole lot better than this.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Where's all the O'neal fans, figured they should be complaining too.

been there done that. I complained about Knoxville and got bashed ridiculed for it. 2 tracks I won't be
    attending anytime soon

Also should the winner of the non-qualifiers race make the same amount as 8th place in the feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    Also should the winner of the non-qualifiers race make the same amount as 8th place in the feature?
    Most races that have non qualifiers do this. They have the option to start the feature too

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Most races that have non qualifiers do this. They have the option to start the feature too
    Not for race this year. The non qualifier race is the last event of the night. The guy that also finishes 8th and gets 4k, also gets more start money. I'm not sure what that is anymore?
    Last edited by zyoung25; 10-19-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Where's all the O'neal fans, figured they should be complaining too.
    Figured someone would be along to say it’s only because it’s Scott that I or anyone is complaining. Since when have I not called out Scott for his idiotic moves?

No matter who it is, if it was Josh, Bobby, JD, Marlar, Don, you name them, I don’t care who, to win your heat, just a single heat format, and be put to a consi is ridiculous.

Make it about Scott if you want, anyone who doesn’t find this format way worse than the double heat one, I got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Not for race this year. The non qualifier race is the last event of the night. The guy that also finishes 8th and gets 4k, also gets more start money. I'm not sure what that is anymore?
    The non qualifier is NOT the last race, they always say it is, but it nevef is. The race is ran just before the feature and the winner can take the money or start the feature from the tail.

Yes, the schedule says the non qualifier is last but it never has been and I don’t know why Lucas can’t simply update it. It’s just stupid and lazy.

CnB that’s why I cleared up that I am no bloomer fan. Don’t want people thinking I’m just bringing this up due to that, he’s just an example because he smoked everyone so bad and isn’t even in the show.

Default Madcat

Which I dunno why I even have to clarify. Everyone with common sense knows I’ll call out Scott just as I would anyone else.

I didn’t go this weekend because I’m finishing staining my deck, plus the trim on my garage. New garage door next weekend, so I wanted the trim done. Still gotta seal my drive before the cold hits.

Good lord CNB that’s some serious work! Gotta get our backsplash done next few weeks but luckily that’s an inside project lol.

Hope you get to watch the race or replay, but I also hoop it’s not a choo choo.

Madcat, I'm aware of that. Portsmouth is local to me, I haven't missed one since its there. I dont remember ever seeing it last on the schedule before, but maybe my mind is slipping me.

The north south runs their non qualifier race after the 100 lapper. So not all non qualifier race winners are given that option to tack the tail.

So you are expected to unload a $100,000 race car, qualify as fast as you can, and finish as high as you can in your heat race to earn a starting spot in the feature. Then you win your heat race and not only aren't starting near the front of the feature, but you're not even in it yet! The bigger names need to threaten to boycott such stupid formats in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Madcat, I'm aware of that. Portsmouth is local to me, I haven't missed one since its there. I dont remember ever seeing it last on the schedule before, but maybe my mind is slipping me.

The north south runs their non qualifier race after the 100 lapper. So not all non qualifier race winners are given that option to tack the tail.
    Z no worries man, came off a bit d!ckish but no intent. Just clarifying that it’s always been said to be the last race, even going back to KC days, before Atomic rename even.

I was only speaking to DTWC also, I agree usually this isn’t an option.

If they where so good at qualifying. Wouldn't about 40 cars qualified around 14.8. How many times has a driver said it felt like a fast lap? Or it didn't feel very fast. I'll never buy a guy is good enough to turn a lap to make an invert.
    How does the guy that is out first know what he needs qualify?
    I do believe heat winners should start towards the front
    Last edited by rdcllk; 10-19-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Did they change the format for this year?