Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sorry for your loss. I have lost mine as well!

But you started all this with your condescending attitude on here a few years ago. Most of us who have been on here for a while know all about the BG episode!

A little humbleness on your part would go a long way!

Here’s what ya do. Go on your FB page, offer to hire a couple guys and let them live on cots in the back of the shop. Pay them Kraft Mac and cheese and promise to work them to death and ship them out if they have any ideas or attitudes. Mostly just have them doing pee-on work, but make it sound better than that. That’ll free you up to do more important stuff around there. Idea stolen from some dude over in Tennessee.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Rocky i suspected or paths may have crossed from some of the tracks you mention. Where have we raced with you before. And i assume your not talking about my personal car but some of the people i help lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Rocky i suspected or paths may have crossed from some of the tracks you mention. Where have we raced with you before. And i assume your not talking about my personal car but some of the people i help lol
    Dixieland and Clary’s. You guys are the K1 car outta Delaware right? I am that lapper in that ancient red 97 late model. Also I’m the crew chief for the 2 super street at Dixieland.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

I am the big dude, not that younser that runs around talking to everybody. That’s Chris. Lol.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

No i think your talking about the 1kb kerry king and i have no relation to them. I haven't had my own car out in a few years 4 to be exact. But i mainly help a guy named kyle lear. We race a little further north mostly

I would love to talk to you about Dixieland. Im thinking about venturing down that way next year if your interested pm me

Okay then we’ve walked by each other at Potomac a billion times about 10 years ago when I was stationed at Pax River. I will shoot you a PM.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Yes im sure we did back then i helped a guy named paul cursey 37 limited car. Most people thought i was his son

I remember that car. I was driving in the small junk car division back then.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

GRT74 commented about the Wide Bores and torque, we have a 450 Wide Bore and its right in the HP Range he stated, and the Torque is very high. It runs well, buts very hard to deal with that torque on a slick track, we are always back tuning it. Spent all year fighting it, but never got it right. Next step is a 390 cfm carb.

Its fun when the track is heavy, we went to L-burg this year and the track was racey and that engine will fly, but that torque is a problem in the slick. We never really got a handle on how to gear it.

Just say no...

Default Huck

Sorry for your loss. Met your Dad in the pits at PPMS in 17 and talked to him for a while. Cool dude...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    GRT74 commented about the Wide Bores and torque, we have a 450 Wide Bore and its right in the HP Range he stated, and the Torque is very high. It runs well, buts very hard to deal with that torque on a slick track, we are always back tuning it. Spent all year fighting it, but never got it right. Next step is a 390 cfm carb.Its fun when the track is heavy, we went to L-burg this year and the track was racey and that engine will fly, but that torque is a problem in the slick. We never really got a handle on how to gear it.
    i don't like gearing down the big motors in the slick. When you do loose traction and you will your wheel speed is even higher so it's even harder to get it back under control

Yes, condolences to you and your Family Huck, always enjoyed your posts etc.

Anyway on the gearing, we been playing with the gearing up, Bigger number. I know thats backwards, but i call it gearing up, bigger numbers. Choke off the air, and gear it up, it helps but still hit or miss.

Just say no...

I wouldn’t suggest it but the old timers used to pull a plug wire.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Some just unhook the back barrels on the carb

Quote Originally Posted by Jk19 View Post
    Some just unhook the back barrels on the carb
    Doesn't help, when you never crack the secondaries anyways. Once slicked off, I rarely see data that shows over 40 to 50% throttle. Least on the guys I work with that have good engines and are capable of winning 5K+ races.

hey billet , you ever fooled with the ratio on the secondaries ? reason i ask , several years ago , i made a secondary linkage plate that i could adjust the ratio , it helped with inexperienced drivers , but in the end , it is still a throttle feel thing and a driver that can feel the back tires dont need it or even undo the secondaries for that matter.....

I know that you have tried it, does it help to back a little timing out of it? Or could you run really stiff advance springs with light centrifugal weights and not let it come all the way in until about 400-4500?
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

i like weaker springs where it will total quick , the best thing , if it is allowed , is a timing control unit mounted inside the drivers compartment that you can take timing away as needed while on the track , last one i bought was about 50 bucks , but its been a while......