Default 2020 Lucas Oil MLRA Schedule released.

Looks like a few conflicts with the Summer Nationals.

Last edited by Shiny Side Up 18; 11-18-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

The unfortunate news is that they are going to the freight-train format.

Default fryefan

Correct! Boo!
    I hate time trials.

I will still attend some of their shows, but if they and the Deery Brothers series are running on the same night, then I will be headed to the Deery Brothers show. The Deery Brothers format produces excellent racing, i.e. passing.

Almost half the events are at one track.

Maybe someone can explaining to me how you can run around the Midwest for that kind of purse. How many ‘regulars’ does this series have?

The Sunday night show @ East Moline caught my eye
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    The Sunday night show @ East Moline caught my eye
    Mine too. I've never been there before.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Chippy Soon View Post
    28 supporting classes then the pd kicks you out at 10pm right as the lm's roll out..... smh and lol
    New promoters in 2020 at East Moline...hopefully late models won't be the last feature and we won't have to worry about the curfew.

Love it! Will be supporting 4 of these shows for sure!

Will be 10 long years since East Moline hosted open late models. Certainly a welcome event coming to this original UMP track. The track is a tight 1/4 mile much like Peoria but with better seating. Hall of Famer Gary Webb dominated this track recording 13 straight point championships during the middle eighty's and early ninety's. Do put Quad City Raceway on your to do list. It's really a fun place to see racing.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I will still attend some of their shows, but if they and the Deery Brothers series are running on the same night, then I will be headed to the Deery Brothers show. The Deery Brothers format produces excellent racing, i.e. passing.
    How does Deery run their shows?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

New Qualifying Format in Place for Historic 32nd Annual Deery Brothers Summer Series

Vinton, IA (Tuesday, March 27, 2018) – A new qualifying format employing passing points will be used at Deery Brothers Summer Series events this season.

It’s the first time in the 32-year history of the IMCA Late Model tour that passing points have been used.

All heat race winners and the next combination of drivers with the highest passing point totals will comprise the first 12 main event starters, with heat winners redrawing for the front rows.

“B” feature grids will be lined up from the remaining high to low point totals. Series point provisionals will be awarded to drivers to drivers not qualifying from their heat or “B.”

They also have the top 12 draw Casey's pizza boxes that have a photo of 1, 2, 3, ..., or 12 slices of pizza to determine their A-Main starting positions. I provides MUCH BETTER racing than the freight-train formats used by Lucas Oil, WoO, UMP, etc.

The part about the "heat winners redrawing for the front rows" was used some in 2018, but all of the shows that I attended in 2019 and several that I attended in 2018 used the "pizza box redraw" that I described above.

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    Will be 10 long years since East Moline hosted open late models. Certainly a welcome event coming to this original UMP track. The track is a tight 1/4 mile much like Peoria but with better seating. Hall of Famer Gary Webb dominated this track recording 13 straight point championships during the middle eighty's and early ninety's. Do put Quad City Raceway on your to do list. It's really a fun place to see racing.
    I remember Jeep winning a big $ show there back in the day. Last event I saw, Bloomquist surprisingly pulled in for a 5 G show. It was the year he ran the pea green car. Nice track. Short drive. Sunday night racing. 3 positives for me.
    8/13/16