Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Don't remember much about the quality of the old Winters but you couldn't do better than an old Frankland. I've still got one from 1985 that I've never had anything break on. Been sitting behind the barn in my old torsion bar front/ coilover mono leaf car for near 20 years and could probably change the gear oil and run it again.

Wouldn't have a Winters if their QC is the same quality as their 9" floaters. The 9" is cheap crap.

R.I.P. Jim Frankland
    We had one too, the cover on it look like a bell kinda, or a ten gallon hat...

Those old rear ends with the deep cover were the standard until the late 80’s what we all have now was referred to as a “sprint center” when they first started being used in the early 90’s

The new car (did I just admit that publicly) has a new style rear end. So yeah I suppose I have been running a rear end from the Reagan administration. Still a lot of them in Sportsman cars around here.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Yes that old Frankland aluminum cover you had to be careful tightening the bolts they were long and skinny and would snap off...my Dad had to drill out more than one of em lol he wouldn't be too happy with me...