Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We had a car very similar to Rustys car. It was pretty fast. Had I replaced more konis than just the rf, we probably could have won more than the 2 races we did. This was in 14' and 15'. We made the 14' Hillbilly 50 at i77 with it after missing hotlaps and qualifying cause we showed up so late. People were amazed.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

I probably should have said, I know Rusty is a beast. You don’t win 200 races against anybody unless you’re really good. I know that all that really counts these days are $5000 and up wins though. At least in some circles. I don’t think any chassis or shock package or motor is a magic bullet. It’s a total package. I am NOT saying they’re all the same, but I also don’t think buying a pair of air jordans will make me an NBA player. Call me crazy.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

WisWildManFan I like Rusty and hope he wins lots of big races, but that was pretty funny.

Where did Rusty finish last night?

there is no more drive than a pull bar (fact), todays shocks and tech are light years better (fact) and springs are better and lighter too, the rear of that car as far as shocks moved alot slower than 4 bar cars, now that we know how to build shocks and change the 1/2 inch and 1 inch numbers easier, i could see a swing arm being competitive, the problem with a swing arm car that most missed, BIG SPRING CHANGES,I MEAN BIG, and today with stacked stuff it would be alot easier to do
    now I'm not saying a car built like an 02 can run out and set the world on fire but if the work was put in, i could see them being very competitive, alot of open wheels are on pull bars and hooking up those little tires
    again just an opinion, it would take some work, and alot of testing but could work
    z link is just the shocks/springs on the birdcage=more indexing like the 4 bar cars
    congrats to rusty for being out there on his own getting it done
    Last edited by grt74; 11-30-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    there is no more drive than a pull bar (fact), todays shocks and tech are light years better (fact) and springs are better and lighter too, the rear of that car as far as shocks moved alot slower than 4 bar cars, now that we know how to build shocks and change the 1/2 inch and 1 inch numbers easier, i could see a swing arm being competitive, the problem with a swing arm car that most missed, BIG SPRING CHANGES,I MEAN BIG, and today with stacked stuff it would be alot easier to do
    now I'm not saying a car built like an 02 can run out and set the world on fire but if the work was put in, i could see them being very competitive, alot of open wheels are on pull bars and hooking up those little tires
    again just an opinion, it would take some work, and alot of testing but could work
    z link is just the shocks/springs on the birdcage=more indexing like the 4 bar cars
    congrats to rusty for being out there on his own getting it done
    The best way to kill corner speed is to run a pullbar.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

I built a 01 Rayburn for me years ago, 4 link LR and swing arm RR, with a pull bar. The car was way under powered 550 hp maybe, but I loved it. Sold it to a guy that run well with it considering the competition. I think a pull bar can work, but you would be out on your own.

Just say no...

My '78 vintage Jig a Low had a full tube strut chassis with a rear steer Ford box...no rack.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Looked the car over good last night swingarm left z link right pull bar bolt on rear clip nice car very fast got on high side was rolling!!!

Was quick time in his group second overall...led most of the feature sealed over the RR with 10 to go but what an impressive debut for the new Domination Chassis running with the 604 guys as he continues to make his new chassis faster.