Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I personally not bashing. I like new names I never heard of that's how I find new drivers to cheer for. I understand the invite only on mods but don't like how they do the invites. example how would u invite a driver that raced mods a few times this year before you invite a driver that has 26 wins 56 top 5s in 72 starts? I'm glad he finally got the invite.

If the modified drivers are by invite only, they should not let late model drivers race both classes. Totally unfair to the mod. guys that race only in their own class, and don't get invited so a LM driver can run in both classes.

I agree but that's what they do. with midgets there inviting NASCAR drivers before regular drivers of that class. I was not going to attend if this mod driver wasn't invited. this driver 2 track championships his stats listed above and they waited to invite. that's crazy. anyway he's been invited and hope he does well.

Promoter will invite who he thinks will put butts in the seats. May not agree but it’s his dime. If attendance lags because of who he does not invite then he will get the message for next year. Personally seems to me like it would be popular to do a fans invitation poll, but again it’s his money and assure you he knows much more about race promotion than I do
    I hate time trials.

Yes I know why he does it and understand it. it's all business. as I'm going for the first time. an I waited til he got invited before I decided to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by 0cents View Post
    I'm afraid after the track conditions last year not being the best, and being so close to Christmas this year, they might not have the largest car count or crowd. Hopefully this year is the best yet to make folks want to come next year because if I remember off the top of my head it is close to Christmas again next year and then in 2021 it's able to be closer to the first of December again. I do agree about the hype and PR, pretty much everything I have seen this year is old videos from the previous years being reused.
    We also made our first trip last year and wasn't impressed, adding our hotel room tickets food drinks etc we spent in the neighborhood of 1,000 dollars, we're going to use that money for other races next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Bullring, that may not be true, A lot of these drivers have the great equalizer, speed, horsepower and suspension wins races, here its all about drivers ability.
    The car still matters quite a bit. It's just a different need from the car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

The cool thing about this race is that a guy like Buddy Jr. Could actually win the dam thing......go get em flyin 11
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The cool thing about this race is that a guy like Buddy Jr. Could actually win the dam thing......go get em flyin 11
    It’s not a crown jewel. Except for the payoff and car count and crowd. But it’s the only chance for a Jim Dunn style upset today.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

And that chance is minuscule.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Kyle Bronson in a Modified only
    IF YOU AINT WINNING YOU PROBABLY AINT LEADING!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The car still matters quite a bit. It's just a different need from the car.
    Exactly, now the day Mike Hamnerle or a guy who usually has no chance wins, then maybe I'll agree with anybody can win theory, it hasn't been true yet. I just hope they eventually figure out a solution to the track rutting. With the weight of the late model and the minimal depth of dirt on the slab idk if its possible...

they haven't had an upset winner yet. Yes lower budget teams can compete better there than knoxville or eldora but it's still the big boys up front at the dome.

I know a couple of guys that can't attend because it's too close to christmas and they have others things to attend...