Default Indiana Thursday Night Track?

Could Indiana support a Thursday night track? I see this seems to be successful in other parts of the country and was curious. Obviously this would be based on location, start times, # of classes and economy strength. What are your opinions?

Thursday night is not a bad night you got to watch your classes maybe rotate them an get it on an over with Sunday night is not bad either but what ever night you pick no more than 3 classes.

Being a native Hoosier I think it's possible to pull off but I think only a few tracks could do it where their in a central location to getting a good car count. If a track ran on Thursday nights they would have to run maybe three classes max. No one wants to sit in the stands or teams in the pits late in the evening when many folks have to work on Friday. Get the show started and done in a decent time frame so people can get home.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 12-05-2019 at 12:48 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

In my experience a local Nebraska track without a huge population near it runs 6 classes during the season. They rotate the headline between 2 of them the Late Models and the A-mods. That means only 5 a race night. They do only get ~80 cars. Hot lap at 7:30 racing at 8 , show is over by 11, no qualifying and few B's help.

Would this be their only night of racing or in addition to a weekend show?
    I think it could work for support classes. 2 classes, double heats with pill draw and full inverts of heats.
    rotate classes thru season, maybe even pulling in classes you don't run weekly for specials.
    You would have to have your crap together. People wouldn't put up with long shows many times.