Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Sargent

Default Bob Sargent

To promote 10 events at Nashville Fairgrounds in 2020
    IF YOU AINT WINNING YOU PROBABLY AINT LEADING!

Is it Dirt?

Only in the parking lot.

Be interesting to see how he does last year the woo sprints ran there an they sold the place out Saturday night that is 20 thousand at 40 dollars a seat an this year they are not even on the schedule I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Be interesting to see how he does last year the woo sprints ran there an they sold the place out Saturday night that is 20 thousand at 40 dollars a seat an this year they are not even on the schedule I don't get it.
    Not going to be an every year event Brian carter said

Guess they got plenty of money if they can turn that down.

Nashville does not want racing, it wants soccer!

Somebody should have took notice when they sold out 20 thousand seats at 40 dollars do the math it will take them a long time to make that on a soccer field.

Article I read says they want to build a soccer stadium next to it. Not bulldoze the track
    IF YOU AINT WINNING YOU PROBABLY AINT LEADING!

Somebody should have took notice when they sold out 20 thousand seats at 40 dollars do the math it will take them a long time to make that on a soccer field.
    Major League Soccer games are averaging 22,000 fans per home game, and tickets average $50 per seat. They have 17 home games.

I don’t even like soccer, and I hope they don’t take down the track, but the track isn’t making anywhere near that amount of money.

Yea real exciting game, enough said.

to 22,000 fans it must be exciting and for whoever is collecting the money I would say probably just as exciting.

They are not going to bulldoze the track Bristol is wanting to make a deal with them an spend 57 million on the track the soccer is not a done deal yet tied up in court at one time when Bob Harmon ran the track it was the number 1 track in the US for a crowd on Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    So, according to you, the number one sport in the world is boring. Guess they better shut down all the teams around the world.

MLS itself is growing. My company is helping to build The Crew’s new stadium in Columbus. And maybe I’d have agreed with you, till my youngest starting playing. Soccer is far from boring. And there’s no risk of a one lane choo choo track you just dropped $40 bucks on per ticket and drove two hours one way. So there’s that.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

They are not going to bulldoze the track Bristol is wanting to make a deal with them an spend 57 million on the track the soccer is not a done deal yet tied up in court at one time when Bob Harmon ran the track it was the number 1 track in the US for a crowd on Saturday night.
    I wanna say it was on Jr’s podcasts or somewhere I read it. They are really trying to revamp Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway, not tear it down.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Cool Good Luck Bob

When a lot of people were taking shots at Sarge several years ago, I never quite got it. Great track prep guy, runs a snappy show, stays consistent (like it or not). Always like the job he does. No promoter is perfect, but Sarge is a very good dirt track promoter. Hope this goes well for him.

Go 18!!

From a spectators point of view he does do a good job running the show and is a good promoter for the fans. Hopefully he and his staff do a good job there and revitalize a local short track.

I real hope he does a good job the people really turn out there and there is so much history there it's unreal over 35 Daytona 500 winners have raced there.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Yes it is an exciting game. Your sarcasm reflects your ignorance.

That's where the problem lies. Speedway Motorsports wants the city taxpayer to fork out the $57million like they do for football stadiums. That's why the offer was rejected. If SMI wants to drop their own coin, it will happen soon.