Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thanks cody..........

Anbody that don't like that is foolish......well done my man.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

At the beginning I was not a fan. But honestly now I love it. It is so awesome to see drivers who love the sport , race on a low budget, look good, run faster, have a chance, and see big money and technology play little to no factor at all. Its awesome to see, Its what Dirt late model racing needs and misses. Notice most of the big names of the sport stay away, they dont want to have to race that hard and race on an even platform with guys they demolish on tracks where the money and technology leaves the lower funded drivers to not have a chance. Thank Cody, I loved it.

It’s something excellent to do with old equipment. If possible with my schedule we’re going next year. Not with the 2018 either. We’ll unretire the 99 for a week.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    At the beginning I was not a fan. But honestly now I love it. It is so awesome to see drivers who love the sport , race on a low budget, look good, run faster, have a chance, and see big money and technology play little to no factor at all. Its awesome to see, Its what Dirt late model racing needs and misses. Notice most of the big names of the sport stay away, they dont want to have to race that hard and race on an even platform with guys they demolish on tracks where the money and technology leaves the lower funded drivers to not have a chance. Thank Cody, I loved it.
    Yea watching cars bounce four or five feet in the air and only six cars finish is exactly what late model racing needs. Sorry I want to watch cars race not see who’s lucky enough not to wreck and finish.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    The four biggest names in the sport were there.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    The four biggest names in the sport were there.
    True. But one was in a different ride and one is almost required by his new ownership arrangements. It's a great event for fans. It has a likelihood of high cost to the racer.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

The big names in DLM racing are only big names to the hard core fan. Joe race fan that sees a TV commercial during a cup race don’t know the difference between any of them. To him, we’re a bunch of drunks snot welding well pipe cars together under the shade tree. That’s an image that we’re never gonna shake. To that guy, Tyler Carpenter made himself a super star last night and that’s okay with me guys.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

Cody has a Jimmy Dunn story now and it was a guy from Parkersburg that gave it to him. Very fitting.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

It’s definitely gotten better. If they can somehow fix the ruts and keep the banking it will be even better. Definitely still enjoyed it though, nothing wrong with a little beating and banging once in a while.

FOR ANYBODY THAT DIDNT GET TO SEE VICTORY LANE,HOW BOUT THE FACT THAT THE PROMOTERS FROM KNOXVILLE NATIONALS CALLED TO ASK DoD TO ASK TYLER WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO GET HIM TO KNOXVILLE NEXT YEAR. THIS RACE HAS A TON OF CLOUT AND THATS PRETTY COOL FOR ANY TEAM FUNDED LIKE HIM TO GET NATIONAL ATTENTION.

This race aint about the big teams ,its a chance for any regional guy to make a name for himself.

Track shape and banking is good. Idk how you keep it from getting so rough with the dirt they are allowed to use

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Track shape and banking is good. Idk how you keep it from getting so rough with the dirt they are allowed to use
    Prep it like a kart track. Make it hard as concrete.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Can't blame any racer for staying home for this one. Like Moyer said, if anyone that competed there this weekend doesn't go home and do a total teardown and replace pert near every part on the car, they'll wish they did next time out. From a car owner standpoint, that was hard to watch. From a fans view, it was great entertainment. I heard somewhere that Mark Richards told Sheppy that he could use the hauler(I think they are heading straight to N.M.), but he'd have to race his own car. Said they wouldn't have time to go over the whole car before Vado knowing it would need a lot of work. Totally understandable why some of the touring guys were not there.

Still would like to know exactly the size of the track. Unless it was an error, Gordy Gundaker turned a sub 9 second lap (8.980). That seems impossible on a 1/5 mile track. Could have been a scoring mistake I guess.
    8/13/16

It’s basically the dirt late model version of a plate race. You have a better than average chance of wrecking a race car, but a guy with no chance whatsoever of even making a crown jewel can make the show. A guy that can make a crown jewel, he can win it. This race is much less stupid than I thought. If you always want the best car to win, and you should, don’t spend your money. But if you wanna see a possible Cinderella story, this is for you.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

highlights look a lot like a race they hold in Crandon Wisconsin.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Can't blame any racer for staying home for this one. Like Moyer said, if anyone that competed there this weekend doesn't go home and do a total teardown and replace pert near every part on the car, they'll wish they did next time out. From a car owner standpoint, that was hard to watch. From a fans view, it was great entertainment. I heard somewhere that Mark Richards told Sheppy that he could use the hauler(I think they are heading straight to N.M.), but he'd have to race his own car. Said they wouldn't have time to go over the whole car before Vado knowing it would need a lot of work. Totally understandable why some of the touring guys were not there.Still would like to know exactly the size of the track. Unless it was an error, Gordy Gundaker turned a sub 9 second lap (8.980). That seems impossible on a 1/5 mile track. Could have been a scoring mistake I guess.
    That’s an error. They were running 11 second laps

I think racing is better on a track that is worked and a little rough but that is a lot more than a little I wondered why they didn't run more laps paying that much money now I know why with only 6 cars running at the end.

We were talking last night how far Cody has come with his indoor events compared to the Indy Invite a few years back. Seems to keep improving every year.

If you like spending 10+ hours a day at a track, then it is right up your alley. He needs to hire Bob Sargent, Mike Van Gendren, or Toby Kruse to come in and run the show. Those guys all know how to run an efficient program.