Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A Festivus miracle. Wonderful news.

And the amount is still growing... awesome

Awesome news. Great Christmas gift for this little one and the family.

There is such a thing as miracles.

Jima Carpenter just posted an update: "We are so grateful for everything you guys have given thus far and for the outpouring of love shown to a little girl that you have never even met!!! Our hearts are overflowing with joy today as we can tell you that the insurance company called Sarah and Robbie about 30 minutes ago and they have approved Mannon’s treatment!!!!! We are still unsure at this time what the out of pocket cost will be for them but thanks to all of you, we are sure that we will be able to put a big dent in it with all of the contributions that have been given this far!!At this time, our plans are to get through the treatment without any setbacks and hopefully be able to donate any funds that are left over to another child fighting for this treatment!! As stated before, we are unsure of the out of pocket expenses that will be billed to Sarah and Robbie for the treatment or the infusion center where the treatment will take place! We appreciate your continued support and sincerely thank each of you for keeping our sweet Mannon in your thoughts and prayers now and for the weeks to come!!! We will update this page every step of the way so everyone will be informed of what’s going on. We will continue to fight for Mannon and other children who are faced with denial of treatment!! God Bless you ALL!!"

Cant quote, but that's truly amazing. Christmas Miracles do come true for some and glad it was their time for one to come true!

Rusty schlenk is gonna raffle off One of his late model strollers

Some local guys in my area re doing a Tyler Carpenter themed Street Stock Chassis raffle. Just so everyone knows it will be just a chassis not a complete car.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

https://twitter.com/delphcomm1/statu...526342144?s=21 Davenports doors are being raffled off

Very cool to see. I would have donated probably today, thank God the insurance company came through. One of the pluses of the internet. And if the insurance companies name got out there, it’d be bad publicity, so glad they covered it.

Great to see tons of racers and fans really reaching out.

What a great Christmas present for them.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Great news!!!!

Unhappy

CnB,

That's the rub of insurance companies. They have their own ideas about what treatments are necessary and what is the best way when multiple options exist. My father would likely still be alive today had he be given, what at the time was "unnecessary treatment".
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    CnB,

That's the rub of insurance companies. They have their own ideas about what treatments are necessary and what is the best way when multiple options exist. My father would likely still be alive today had he be given, what at the time was "unnecessary treatment".
    Man, I hear ya, and cannot begin to imagine how them doing that to your Dad and your family made you feel.

I remember an Outside the Lines or something a few years ago, where the things they denied and literally signed a persons death warrant.

My Dad was diagnosed with evidently the wrong throw of cancer. Whole time they told us they were treating him for CLL type of cancer, attacks lymph nodes and blood, but is manageable, I wanna say not deadly. His death certificate listed PLL, which is different, more aggressive. And a 1-3/3-5 year life span depending on treatment. Well he made it like 2. And they weren’t treating him for PLL.

Healthy, ate right, no red meat, turkey, fish, deer, chicken. Exercised every day, and bam, blood is outta wack so he went for further tests and the rest is history. He wasn’t bad till the very end. Around Thanksgiving of 2012 till his death on February 28th of 13. Steadily went downhill. Insurance, some dr’s, I dunno.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Type........*

Default CnB

Just curious do you get insured through your union or does your company provide it? The way ours works is from August to August I have to work 500 hours in a six month period, then collect 250 hours quarterly to keep it going. Needless to say its pretty tough to get that 250 through Dec, Jan, Feb around here. But once we qualify LIUNA send you a packet and you have a choice between Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Healthlink.

Awesome to see the racing community come together like they did for this child. Donated amount currently at $116,180
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1