Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doug Bland DoD

I remember Willy T winning the Fastrak championship when they ran goodyear's for a time. That was around the time I started racing. It was also cool to hear they gave the locals tires and wheels to run on as loaner or whatever for the night at the big shows. That is something that could really help boost car counts at national events.

When we ran LLM's a guy was trying to sell Goodyear's. He gave us a full round of x400's (d55 rule and we were running the old *d55*) we unloaded, ran .500 faster on a tire that punched 60 and everybody cried and we had to put the d55 back on.
    Took em to another track the next night, washed the goodyear off with brake cleaner, won, and the distributor got mad because we washed the goodyear off.
    They were never heard of in east ky again after that.

We had a deal thru poske and everybody knew it. Our competitors called poske and told em what we did in order to try to strip our deal from us.

Pretty sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Oh I know.....but the butthurt parallels between two are very very similar.

The purple dinosaur was butthurt , tried and did make an example out of Mr. Bland.....sound familiar?
    I feel that Bland mostly screwed himself over. Goodyear had never made a dirt tire that was any good, and he went with them even though the majority of dirt late model stars already had an existing long running relationship with Hoosier. It wasn’t a good business move, like, at all.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnStreet View Post
    Wasn't 2004 also the year the crate revolution really got going?
    Yes it is....When the Stacker 2 Series folded, Stan Lester (Fastrak Founder) approached Good Year and that is how they got rid of all the Good Year tires that were headed to the shredder...the first few years for Fastrak were run on the left over Good Year tires.... Genius move by Stan Lester in my opinion.

The Goodyear thing was a bad business decision.

Default T3

Correct on all fronts man.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Correct on all fronts man.
    Until we get the big corporate PAC dollars out of the politics it’ll be more of the same. Doesn’t matter which big party you choose, the money rules all and the average Joe only gets lip service come election season. Neither of them try to lift up or tell you what great things they want to pursue, only talk sh1t about the other side while doing the corporate bidding. I do wonder which of any of the Midwest racers got hit hard by all this soybean tariff Charlie Foxtrot. In the meantime should be some good paying pipeline work here in SE Ohio for the next year or two.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...