Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Best of luck to him... I know medicine and surgeries have come a long way over the years, but I still would be surprised to see him back in a car that soon. I know it's completely different, but I had major ACL surgery back in 2006 and it was 6 weeks before I could walk without crutches... I couldn't imagine trying to rush back into a late model as serious as this is for him.

I don't know anything about hip replacement but i know alot of that stuff has come up leaps and bounds in terms of recovery time. My wife's grandmother recently had a knee replacement and walked out off the hospital the same day and she is in her 80's so it's possible. But i do agree that he won't be anywhere near 100% and it will be a one tough week for him if he runs.

Josh...

Bloomer has been through "life changing" incidences before. Whether it's physical or mental... he bounces back strong as ever. He has a strong desire to succeed and be on top. I don't see this having much of an effect on him as some people think it will. I see him doing what he has been doing for many years to come. Time will tell.

On average, recovery time for a hip replacement ranges from 6 to 12 months, depending on the patient’s age and condition. Time spent in the hospital after surgery is usually two to three days, as a hip replacement is not an outpatient procedure.

Says in the tweet he's going home tomorrow.

He starts jumping jacks this wknd to speed up recovery!

Well it lasted thru 26 post before the b.s.

I bet he’s back in the car for Florida. I have had 4 hip replacements, my first was in 1991 when I was 15 and the most recent in 2015. I had my right hip done on Nov 1 of 2014 and I had the right done on Jan 5 of 2015. The process is so much better now and the pain is 1/4 of what it was in the 90s. If he was able to drive with his hip bone on bone he will be able to handle it a month after surgery. When it’s bone on bone the pain is in bearable and the minute you wake up from surgery you feel 50x better at least for me it was. They will just have to pas his seat up real good for the bouncing and rubbing against the scar

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Well it lasted thru 26 post before the b.s.
    Thats typical of that guy(post 27). just look past it. If we all could do that and not point it out, there will be a whole lot less of it. Believe me, I do know. Try it....

Don’t forget about the 21 pins in his leg/knee.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Says in the tweet he's going home tomorrow.
    Yea I read that too. Says all went well. Now well see how fast he can get better. Good luck to him for a speedy recovery

Post #31

Fox is that normal amount of pin? That sound like a lot

After the surgeries in Florida following the motorcycle wreck- that is what was reported. His hip-leg & knee were shattered! My understanding of today’s surgery was because of the arthritis that had set in because of bone-on-bone situation.

I have know way of knowing if 21 is accurate or not.

I bet he’s back in the car for Florida. I have had 4 hip replacements, my first was in 1991 when I was 15 and the most recent in 2015. I had my right hip done on Nov 1 of 2014 and I had the right done on Jan 5 of 2015. The process is so much better now and the pain is 1/4 of what it was in the 90s. If he was able to drive with his hip bone on bone he will be able to handle it a month after surgery. When it’s bone on bone the pain is in bearable and the minute you wake up from surgery you feel 50x better at least for me it was. They will just have to pas his seat up real good for the bouncing and rubbing against the scar

Yep!!!!! I watched my dad have the came hip replaced twice. the first in 84 and the second in 06!The first one got an infection and he spent 8 weeks homebound with a nurse giving anti-biotics every day. Then in 06, when in a few hours, the surgeon came to check on him and my dad wanted to go home. The doc said as soon as you can walk 50feet with a walker. My dad got out of bed and walked the 50 feet. The doc was surprised but my dad said the pain was nothing compared to what he had had. He was dismissed a few hours later and in approx. 30 days, my dad was back to normal. Btw.....my dad was 70 at his second operation!

A hip is quicker recovery than a knee. My buddy just had a replacement. They get you up and walking the same day and release you the next. You have to work hard and rehab every day, but 6 weeks is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    A hip is quicker recovery than a knee. My buddy just had a replacement. They get you up and walking the same day and release you the next. You have to work hard and rehab every day, but 6 weeks is doable.
    My wife has had 2 within the last 3 years......the first was done through the front of the leg and her rebound time was pretty minimal considering....the second was done through the back of her leg because of some complications and was clearly much more painful and the recovery time was about 3 solid months with lots of rehab before she could walk without a walker.

Bloomer will get this done and behind him and pick up winning pretty quickly.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Go ahead bloomer you rush it so a bunch of keyboard jocks can stick they heads up and say told you so. You get walled by someone, or a slide job that goes wrong. Then will see. You pull that lap belt real tight now ya hear.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Go ahead bloomer you rush it so a bunch of keyboard jocks can stick they heads up and say told you so. You get walled by someone, or a slide job that goes wrong. Then will see. You pull that lap belt real tight now ya hear.
    "Ya he don't go n for all that fancy science n doctorin"