Default 2020 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Team Chart

The Lucas Oil season is just two weeks away. Here is a team chart showing driver/chassis/engine of those who have indicated they will run the full series.

https://insidedirtracing.com/lucas-o...hart-for-2020/

Interesting diversity now in terms of engine builders. Wasn't it only a few years ago that everyone said you couldn't win a LOLMS race unless you were running a Durham engine?

Are the Scott brothers going to run Lucas this year?

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Interesting diversity now in terms of engine builders. Wasn't it only a few years ago that everyone said you couldn't win a LOLMS race unless you were running a Durham engine?
    Always been monkey see, monkey do. Just cause Bshepp wins in a Rocket with a Durham and JD wins in a Longhorn with a Cornett doesn't mean anyone can win with those combinations. Lots of the guys constantly changing chassis and engine combos couldn't win with Mark Richards or Jason Durham as their crew chiefs. Roush Yates producing the RY45 series also meant that any knowledgeable engine builder could reproduce what Andy was doing.

Nice to see a MasterSbilt on the list!

Default lucas

I would say on the lucas series clements has more then the others

Funny how teams left Cornett and Custom and now they are back in the game on the National scene. In my opinion most of the famous engine builders, Durham, Cornett, Custom, Pro Power, Clements, Jay Dic*ins, Vic Hill, etc are all very good and each is cabable of winning races on a regular basis regardless of the chassis.

Interesting to me is that Pro Power is not represented on the Lucas Tour and only Brent Larson carries the brand on the WoO Tour as a listed traveler. Pro Power is still a very respected and quality builder and B Shepp has two wins already this year with the B5 using Pro Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    Interesting to me is that Pro Power is not represented on the Lucas Tour and only Brent Larson carries the brand on the WoO Tour as a listed traveler. Pro Power is still a very respected and quality builder and B Shepp has two wins already this year with the B5 using Pro Power.
    I’m pretty sure mason zeigler still has pro power engines in his stable. Just has Cornetts too. I’m not sure about the scott brothers haven’t heard anything about them recently!